1 | | 9

I hadn't realized that you and Justin were going to the dance together, guess I should have figured - I decided to go with Courtney and her friends after calling you a dozen times to see if you wanted to go with me only to find that you decided to go with Justin instead. I didn't mind that much, really, I just wish you would've told me. But what happened afterward? That I did mind, Dior. 

How could you just stand there as Montgomery made all those accusations? While he humiliated me in front of the school on a night that was supposed to be fun? You stood there and did nothing, you just stared at me as if I was in the wrong. What the fuck? I get that you were mad, but we were friends! I get that Montgomery is like your brother, but did you really feel nothing while I was standing there near tears?

I think that's when I finally started realizing it, Dior.

You never gave a shit about me. You never cared. 

You're just a selfish bitch.

/////

"I know you know," Dior turned to face Makenna, who had been waiting for her outside of homeroom. 

Dior raised an eyebrow, "Excuse me?" Dior asked, not having gotten enough sleep last night to deal with the shitty high school experience.

"Who was in the picture," Makenna urged, "I know you know who it was. Tell me."

Dior cocked her head to the side, "Why do you assume I know?" Dior questioned, amused, her eyes flickering with delight as Makenna shifted under her gaze.

"Stop playing, you know everything, Dior. I don't know how, but you always end up knowing everything that goes on. There's no way you don't know who's in those pictures," Makenna argued and Dior smiled slowly.

"Say you're right, why should I tell you?" Dior asked, eyeing her briefly. It wasn't that she didn't want it to get out that it was Courtney and Hannah, but she wanted to hold the information over their heads for as long as possible and she couldn't quite do that if the entire student body found out it was them in the picture and Dior knew damn well that once Makenna found out, the rest of the school would know sooner rather than later.

Makenna frowned, "Because we're friends and I asked?" she said incredulously and Dior shook her head.

"Not good enough, Makenna," Dior said, smiling lightly.

Makenna rolled her eyes, "What do you want then?" she asked, annoyed.

Dior just laughed, "There's nothing you could give me that's worth the names of the two girls in the photos."

"Just tell me this, then," Makenna asked as Dior went to walk into homeroom, "Is Hannah Baker one of them?"

Dior paused, debating on how to respond to the question, "You tell me," she finally said and that's all the confirmation that Makenna needed.

/////

Dior looked up as a book bag hit the table across from her - she was in study hall playing on her phone, the unknown presence was a welcome entertainment.

The unknown presence became known as her eyes met the smiling face of Jeff Atkins.

Dior smiled genuinely, Jeff Atkins was quite possibly the only member of the male species other than her brother, Monty, and Justin that she actually enjoyed spending time with. Until that is, she started feeling shitty about herself because of how good a person he was compared to her.