1 | | 8

Thank you to everyone who has voted and commented on this story thus far! I assure you, every time someone hits that yellow star that my heart skips a few beats and it never fails to make my day! Love you all!

--

"You two look fucking sick," Dior turned as Bryce laughed behind her and Justin, throwing an arm over her shoulders. She saw Justin give him a sharp look and he retracted his arm immediately. Dior briefly wondered that was all about but the thought passed as Bryce started speaking again, "I mean, really, I never expected you of all people to dress up, Dior, but you look great."

Dior gave him a thin smile, "I know, thanks," she said and Bryce rolled his eyes.

"Ever the narcissist," he drawled and Dior raised her eyebrows.

"And this is coming from you, Walker?" she questioned.

"Touché," Bryce laughed, "You still won't beat us though."

Dior gazed over Bryce, Scott and Alex's costumes which consisted of shorts, a t-shirt, and a snorkeling mask. "Yeah," Dior said, unimpressed, "I think Justin and I have it in the bag, but an 'a' for effort, I suppose."

"Yeah, yeah, we'll see," Bryce grinned and then pointed at her and Justin, "We'll see you on the battlefield."

Dior rolled her eyes, "Yeah, or in AP Calculus."

Bryce scowled at her, "Way to ruin the moment," he complained.

"What moment?" Dior asked in disbelief as the three of them walked away. She looked at Justin, who was staring at Bryce's retreating figure with an odd look on his face that she couldn't decipher. "What's wrong?"

Justin blinked and then looked at her, forcing a smile on his face, "Nothing, Dio," he went to reach for her but she stepped away. He drew back, obviously hurt by her actions.

"You've been acting so weird the last few days, Justin," she said, frowning, "It's starting to scare me. Should I be scared, Justin?"

Justin shook his head, "Never," he promised, moving forward and hugging her tightly.

"Justin, you're ruining the blood!" she said loudly, shoving him off and he laughed, running a hand through his hair.

"Sorry," he said, not sounding the least bit sorry.

"Now it's in your hair," she noted and he looked at her wide-eyed.

"Are you fucking serious?" he groaned, ripping his hand away from his hair and she laughed.

"Come on, let's go to homeroom."

/////

"... JUSTIN AND DIOR!" Courtney announced excitedly the winners of the Halloween costume contest. Dior grinned, actually happy as she turned towards Justin, who tugged her close to him and pressed his lips to hers firmly. The cheering around them grew louder as the crowd surged around them.

Dior laughed as she leaned into Justin's arms.

"I hope you're wearing that to my party later," she heard Makenna say behind her, "You two look great."

"Thanks," she said, genuinely smiling, "We'll be there."

"Good," Makenna said, turning to wander off - probably to go and torture some unfortunate soul, Dior thought, amused.

She turned to Justin, who was suddenly frowning. "What's wrong?" she asked him quietly and he just shook his head, taking her by the wrist gently and pulling her away from the crowding people.