1 | | 7

welcome to the longest chapter thus far

/////

You were the first person I went to when I realized someone was stalking me. By that time, we were good friends again and I felt like I was on the top of the world. We did everything together: shopped, talked about boys, got our nails done, gossiped. I think things started to fall apart again when I asked Courtney come that night, too.

I didn't know you guys hated each other. I didn't do it to spite you, despite what you may have thought.

You walked in and you left without a word or explanation once you saw her. I called you, you didn't answer. I texted you a thousand times, you didn't answer. I didn't even know what I had done until Courtney told me that you two had major problems, though she wouldn't explain it.

That's when things started going wrong again - and it was just because you were too fucking stubborn to listen.

/////

Dior had been leaning against Justin with their group of friends before homeroom, relaxing in his arms and casually talking to Zach, Bryce, Monty, and Scott when Hannah had approached her. She hadn't seen her at first as she was looking back at Justin.

Justin looked behind her and then gently touched her jaw, giving her a lingering kiss.

"Dior," she heard someone say behind her but Justin's grip tightened on her, as if he were trying to get a reaction out of whoever was calling her name. "Dior!" she heard the person, Hannah - she recognized, say louder and she pulled away from Justin, giving him a look of warning. Justin just smirked and winked at her, she rolled her eyes and turned to Hannah.

"What's up?" she asked, noting the tired, anxiety-ridden expression on Hannah's face.

"Can I please talk to you?" Hannah asked, looking less than comfortable around the jocks, who were all staring at her with differing expressions of curiosity.

"Yeah," Dior said, "Talk."

Hannah sighed, eyes flashing back to the boys before looking at Dior almost pleadingly, "I mean alone, Dior."

Dior sighed, looking back at Justin who was frowning deeply at Hannah, "I'll see you first," she told him and he leaned down, pressing his lips to hers briefly before moving back.

"See you first," he winked before turning back to Monty and the other boys. She followed Hannah down the hall and into an empty classroom.

"Well?" she asked, "What's going on?"

Hannah looked as if she were debating on saying anything, "You're going to think I'm crazy," she finally said and Dior let out a sharp laugh.

"I already think you're crazy, next," she said, only half-joking. Hannah laughed lightly.

"I think someone's stalking me," she said after a moment's silence and for a moment, Dior just stared at her.

Is she serious? Dior noticed the genuine fear and apprehension on the girl's face and realized that yes, she was, in fact, serious.

"Okay," Dior finally said, trying to think about this clearly. A stalker is the last thing that she would have guessed when Hannah had approached her, "And what have you done about it?"

Hannah looked as if she were at a loss for words, "I-I don't know. I haven't done anything. I've been terrified out of my mind," she said sounding upset.