Chapter 4: Apologies

Magsimula sa umpisa

"Oh hey man! What's up with you? You look so.. So SAD!" Allian ran over to Raiden, shaking the boy by his shoulders. "What happened bro?!"

Raiden let his gaze fall onto the female, who shifted her attention to something else when they made eye contact.

Allian quickly picked up on this, looking at the girl with a curious expression. "Allian, I think it's best if I stay out of Ace's way for a while..."

~

"Are you for reals?" Raiden muttered as Mr. Stewart gestured at an empty chair across from Ace. Besides her, sat Allian. "What are the odds..?" He walked towards the indicated seat and sat down.

The female felt similar regards, except she kept her own thoughts inside of her mind. The seating arrangements were set up so that four people may sit at a table and work as a group. However, there wasn't an extra person to cover the fourth seat of the table they sat at.

She felt eyes land on her and turned to see Allian looking at her curiously before shifting the same gaze to land on Raiden. "Alright, what happened?"

Ace sighed and begun her explanation, feeling as though they shouldn't let Allian continuously guess and feel excluded. All the while, Raiden shifted uncomfortably as his actions were revealed to his best friend.

"Ahh I see." Allian sniggered at Raiden. "That's the greatest first impression ever!"

Raiden glared at the Allian before his glare fell short as he sighed. "Yeah. Again- I'm really sorry-"

"Oh come on dude. You've already apologized like four times. I already said I forgive you, so there's no need for more apologies, alright?" The girl exclaimed.

Raiden hesitated for a moment, before replying. "A million thanks to my fair lady. I'll make it up to you somehow."

Allian snorted at his statement. "Always gotta be a gentleman, hmm?"

The teens' conversation was cut short as Mr. Stewart begun addressing the class. "All right class, let's begin. You students must be prepared before AP Exams begin."

The three grew silent and focused from there, trying to grasp an understanding of their lesson on integrals.

~

Ace packed her things and got out of her chair as the bell rung for lunch. Just as she was leaving, she stopped herself midway to turn back towards the two guys for a moment. "See you guys later?"

Allian returned her gesture with a giant smile. "See you later Ace!"

Raiden seemed pleasantly surprised by the girl's friendliness. "See you soon, my dear." He gave her a cautious smile.

Ace couldn't help but stifle a giggle before she turned around and walked out of the class.

"Yo, bro. I can't believe you, of all people, angered a girl." Allian laughingly mocked. But to his surprise, his friend simply stared after where he had last seen the female. "Me too." Then to himself, I can't believe a girl hasn't fallen for my charms.. Let alone become furious at me.

~

The female walked down the stairs of the building, her eyes catching Faith and Akia settling down by the shade underneath a tree. As she walked towards them. She stared at the grass field, the cool wind gently brushed alongside her cheek, ruffling her hair.

After a few moments of silence, it was disrupted by Faith and Akia as they set their things down and took seats beside the female. "You seem to have gone through something rough today." Faith observed.