✧The New Derek✧

Start from the beginning

"Something like that," Scott nodded his head but I could tell he was holding something back, kind of like he was trying to decide how to tell me. "There's, uh, one more detail though. Derek is kind of sort of a teenager again."

I furrowed my eyebrows. "What are you talking about?"

"I'm not even sure," Scott admitted, "But somehow Kate turned Derek into his teenage self and now he has no memories or anything. It's really weird."

"Yeah, weird," I muttered. Weird is what you say when you swear you had a pencil but realize it's not where you thought it was. This, what we have to go through daily, is way beyond weird but I didn't point that out to Scott.

Soon I finished up my meal and was hopping into Stiles' jeep so he could drive me to school. Scott would always offer to take me on his motorcycle but I preferred the safety of a vehicle with a seat belt and a roof. Stiles didn't mind driving me so soon he had me at school and I was hurrying to my locker. Nobody really stopped me from doing the task since nobody wanted to talk to me. My friends were pretty much Scott, Stiles, and Isaac.

I quickly spun my locker until I heard a click, signaling that I was now free to open my locker. When I did I immediately saw the picture I had in there. It was of me and Isaac a few days before he left. There was a pain in my chest from me missing him but the joy of being able to see him, even if it was just in picture form, was far greater.

I never really minded school. Practically nobody new I existed which was how I preferred it to be. My grades tended to be good because if they weren't then I'd be giving yet another reason for bad to punish me. Normally I would just sit in the back of the class, occasionally talked to a couple of friends, and take notes. The only person I ever talked to in this class was Mason. And by talk to I mean we say hi to eachother and somethimes sit next to eachother. That is pretty impressive for me. 

Today, though, my routine was disturbed when I got a text message from a certain strawberry blonde upperclassmen.

From: Lydia

I need you to find Scott and tell him to call me. It's about Derek.

I sighed before slowly raising my hand and forcing my teacher to acknowledge me for basically the first time all school year. I hated getting called out and I practically cringed in the anticipation of knowing that my teacher would be doing that very thing.

"Yes, Ms.Lahey?" The teacher said when she finally noticed my hand.

"May I please go to the bathroom?" I questioned in a small voice. Thankfully, most of my classmates did there work instead of looking at me.

The teacher nodded and I quickly ducked out of class. If I was correct then Scott would be in Social Studies right now, all I had to do was find that class. Praying that the door I had come to was the right one, I slowly peered into it. Thankfully, I saw Scott, Stiles, and a few other familiar faces.

"Um, Mr.Yukimura, Scott McCall needs to, well, call Lydia Martin as soon as he can," I manage to say even though I feel like all eyes are on me, the nervous little freshman.

Mr.Yukimura looked shocked but then quickly nodded his head. "Um, Okay. Thank you."

I gave Scott a urgent look so he'd hopefully understand that it's about Derek and then headed back to my own class. For the rest o the day I tried to keep my mind at ease and let the other's worry about the Derek Hale problem and whatever was going on with Kate. I decided to just put everything aside and concentrated on school instead of anything involving the supernatural. My plan actually worked really well up until I got to Stiles' jeep at the end of the day so he could drive me back home because in my seat sat a complete stranger.