vingt-huit

.

.

.

Mason Richards

I get it now, I suppose. I mean, after two weeks of being broken up, I guess I should understand where Arielle is coming from. It's not  that I am not happy with Ashley, because I am, but it just doesn't feel like it did with Arielle. God, I sound like a hormonal teenage girl right now. 

"Earth to Mason." Ashley says, waving her hands in front of my face. I blink and look back at her, raising my eyebrows expectantly. "Do you want to go to the mall with me later?" she repeats herself. 

"Actually, I have some stuff to do, but maybe we can to something tomorrow, yeah?" I say, and she nods. As we continue walking, I spot Arielle and Harry walking through the courtyard, their arms swinging between them. Harry says something, and Arielle bursts out laughing, making my heart sink with every giggle. I should be the one making her laugh. 

Arielle Evans 

 "He looks perfectly happy with her." I sigh, grabbing Harry's hand and clasping it tightly. 

"And you're also perfectly happy with me, correct?" Harry wiggles his eyebrows, and I start to laugh at his cheekiness. 

"Yes, Harold, I am wonderfully happy and the luckiest girl in the world to have someone like you in my life." I say, pressing my lips against his in a brief kiss. 

"I know, I'm fabulous." Harry flips his hair sassily, making me burst out laughing this time. Out of the corner of my eye, I catch Mason staring at us, and I reduce my laughter to small giggles. Harry kisses me once more. "You're beautiful." he whispers against my lips, tucking a stray piece of hair behind my ear. I smile at him, taking my lip between my teeth. 

"We're gonna be late." I whisper after a few minutes of staying in the same position. 

"We have a free, remember?" Harry says quietly, grinning. "Let's go do something." 

"Like what?" I ask. 

"I dunno, we only have gym after our free, and I doubt anyone would notice if we skipped." Harry says. 

"We can't skip, Harry." I shake my head. 

"Why not?" he whines. 

"Because that could affect your grades." I remind him. 

"Oh, grades can go screw themselves for all I care." Harry waves the thought away. "Please?" he begs.

"Oh, alright, but just this once." I give in hastily. He does a mini cheer, and I groan, mentally smacking myself in the forehead for even agreeing to this. "Where are we going?" I ask as Harry leads me towards his car. 

"Surprise." he smiles, showing his two perfectly white rows of teeth. 

"I hate surprises." I groan, climbing into the passenger's seat. He just smirks and shakes his head, starting the car and pulling away from the parking lot. We sit in silence as he drives, and suddenly, he turns onto a street that I have never been on before, and unfamiliar buildings come into view. I remain silent, but I look out the window for any sign of where we are. 

"Close your eyes." he says. 

"Harry." I groan. 

"Come on, love." he smiles, and I roll my eyes but place my hands over them. He stops the car and runs out to my side, opening the door for me. 

"What a gentleman." I mutter, nearly tripping over the curb that I didn't know was there. He lightly nudges me from the back as I walk, and he grips onto my shoulders to steer me. 

"Turn right." he says. I oblige and spin to my right, now walking that way. I feel wet grass squishing beneath my flats, the water soaking through the cheap material of my shoes. "Left." he directs again, and I follow through, turning left and continuing the walk. "Just a little bit more...okay, now open." he says, and I lift my hands off of my eyes. 

Before me stands a beautiful park, with a play structure far to one side, a big field with emerald green grass, and a little walking pathway that leads into a forest.  "So we can just hang out here, or we can go to the creek." Harry says, and I jut my chin towards the forest, assuming that is where the creek is. He nods and takes my hand, leading me into the dense forest, filled with all kinds of trees and plants. A deer stares at me as we pass the tree it is behind, and I smile before silently slipping my phone out of my pocket and taking a photo of it before it scampers away.  Harry smiles and leads me even further into the nature, until we reach a clearing with a creek surrounded by colorful trees and a few plants on the edge of the water. 

"It's beautiful." I exhale. Harry grins, biting the inside of his cheek. He takes off his sneakers and rolls up his jeans before sitting on the edge of the creek and placing his feet in the clear blue water. 

"It's pretty warm." he announces. I nod and slide my flats off, joining him on the ground and gingerly placing my feet in the water. Surprisingly, it is pretty warm, probably because we are right underneath the warm rays of the afternoon sun. "Do you wanna swim?" Harry asks suddenly. 

"I don't have a bathing suit, or any clothes to change into afterwards." I remind him, and he smirks. 

"Which.." he says, getting up and reaching behind a nearby tree. "is why I prepared for this earlier." He produces a pink gym bag from behind the tree and pulls out a blue and purple bathing suit that looks about my size. 

"Harry..." I sigh, shaking my head. "I can barely swim." 

"Not a problem, it's only like five, five and a half feet deep." Harry shrugs. 

"How am I supposed to change into that? We're in public." I defend. 

"No one's here." he points out, and I look around, noticing that he is right and there is no one in sight. "Change behind the trees, if it makes you feel better." he smirks. I sigh and shrug, giving in mainly because I don't have the energy to argue anymore. I duck behind the trees and quickly change into the beautiful bathing suit, shoving my clothes into the gym back. I let my hair loose so it covers some of my arms before I come out from behind the trees, facing a shirtless Harry. He sits on the edge of the creek before hopping in. "Come on in!" he yells. I shyly place my bare legs over the edge and slowly slide in. The water feels wonderful on my skin, but unfortunately, the cheap concealer on my arms comes right off into the water, and I groan. Harry swims closer to me, and I smile at him. 

"Thank you for the bathing suit." I say, grinning. 

"No big deal, it's the least I can do." he says, staring at the bathing suit. My first instinct is to cover myself, my self-consciousness taking over. 

Harry takes his hands and places them over my own, bringing them down, away from the bathing suit. "You're beautiful, you don't need to be self-conscious, especially not with me." he whispers, pressing his forehead against my own, his breath hot on my neck. I nod, barely able to comprehend anything he is saying, for all I am thinking about is the close proximity between the two of us. He wraps his arms around my neck and brings his lips to my own. Just then, it starts to rain, making both of us giggle as we pull away, the pellets of water hitting us gently. 

"Look, it's a rainbow." Harry smiles, pointing up at the sky, and I follow his gaze, finding a faded rainbow looming over the trees. The rain starts to pour down harder, and I start to get out of the water, but Harry pulls me back in, smiling. He kisses me again, this time, a longer, more passionate one, and I grin after we pull away. 

"What?" he asks. 

"I've always wanted to kiss someone in the rain." 

a/n-

harielle is the cutest ok i had to

vote comment share soz for repeating that bc i know it annoying but i wanna boost the votes/comments/reads on this so yeahhhhhh

ilyasm