"Still." Hermione said, "Congratulations – where's Maisie, I want to congratulate her too."

"Probably with Astoria Greengrass by now." Carina said.

"Is it a boy or a girl?" Harry asked.

"Dunno. But they promised to owl us the moment they find out." Carina said. "Anyway, how about you two, how were your Christmases?"

•†•

APPARITION LESSONS

If you are seventeen years of age or will turn seventeen on or before the 31st of August next, you are eligible for a twelve-week course of Apparition Lessons from the Ministry of Magic Apparition Instructor. Please sign below if you would like to participate. Cost 12 Galleons.

Carina barely made out alive when she and Hermione got out of the crowd of students that were going to sign up for the Apparition lessons.

"Merlin, I thought I was going to die in there." Carina said, glaring at the crowd of students killing each other just to get to sign their name for the Apparition lessons. Just as they reached the stairs reaching the Great Hall, Hermione told Carina that she'd have to go to the library to get some homework down leaving Carina to her own – not quite her own...

"Granger deserted you?"

Turning, Carina saw Theodore walking towards her with his hands tucked in his pockets. Theodore walked to Carina's side and both of them walked towards the Great Hall for lunch.

"How was Christmas?" Carina asked.

"Dreadful..." Theodore said flatly. "You?"

"Eventful." Carina shrugged.

They both settled at a table, sitting across each other. Theodore went to get some food from the feast settled for the student's lunch, whilst Carina got out her textbook – Ancient Runes – then she went to get some food for her own.

"You're seriously not doing that now." Theodore said.

"Yes, I am and you should too." Carina said.

"No." Theodore said, "I've got time."

"You do, but I don't – wait, how is it you've got time? We almost have the same amount of work –"

"Aside from Quidditch." Theodore added.

"—You're not a Prefect –"

"Way to state the obvious..."

"—Nor are you anything... so how is it that you've got all the free time?"

Only she knew, Theodore thought. The only reason why he wasn't fretting about school was because he had more important things to do, much more important things – things that he should be doing right now. Theodore stared at Carina, observing her as she multitasked on eating whilst doing her reading, his eyes went to the chains that hung around Carina's neck, the first chain that hung around her neck held the wedding-bands of her parents, never to be separated. Then there was the second chain, that one held the gift that Theodore gave her. The one with the Nott family crest – the one he placed a Shielding Charm.

"What are you two doing?"

Theodore and Carina looked up and saw Roman eyeing them as he stood behind Carina, his robes torn a bit, his face covered with dirt, his hair messy, his hand held the strap of his bag that was nearly ripped open.

When Roman and Theodore caught each other's eyes, Theodore immediately look down at his plate and continued to eat.

"Lunch." Carina answered. "What happened to you?"