"I'm glad you guys had fun – but I think it's best that I stayed in the castle with Sirius Black trying to kill me." Harry said. Carina pursed her lips and silently nodded. "I'm glad you had a good time."

Carina's gaze then turned to the Slytherins and there she found Theodore and Roman talking, when Theodore noticed Carin's gaze, he turned to her and smirked. Carina sent the Slytherin a nasty look then went to take a random candy in to her mouth.

"Yeah... fun – especially when someone puts salt in to your Butterbeer." Carina muttered.

"What?" Harry turned to her with a raised brow.

Carina ignored his question and popped the candy in to her mouth. Ron saw the color of the candy and wanted to stop her –

"Carina don't!"

Smoke curls from Carina's ears and nose and she bit her tongue. Harry and Hermione laughed at Carina's face.

"Never mind." Ron sighed.

•†•

Harry, Ron and Hermione climbed the stairs to the Gryffindor common room, but upon they reached the stairs, they saw a crowd of Gryffindors before the painting of the Fat Lady.

"What's the hold-up?" Carina asked.

"Neville probably forgot the password, again." Ron snorted.

"Hey!" Neville suddenly appears beside them.

"Oh!" Ron turned to Carina with an awkward look.

From the top, Ginny and Maisie walked down the stair with worry. When they saw Harry and they others they stopped to tell the news.

"The Fat Lady!" Ginny said, "She's gone!"

"Probably stuffing her face with the apples that still life on the second floor again." Ron said

"No, you don't understand!" Maisie said. "The portrait is gon!"

"She's a painting, how could she have gone missing?!" Carina asked her cousin with a raised brow.

"Let me through! Excuse me! I'm Head Boy!" Percy pushed pass the students. Behind Percy came Dumbledore with Filch at his tail, the Headmaster looked at the strips of canvas that hung from the frame, he touched the canvas and traced the tears.

"Mr. Filch." Dumbledore called, "Round the ghosts. Tell them to search every painting in the castle for the Fat Lady."

Filch, who had his eyes fixed on a painting away from the Gryffindor entrance, spoke, "There'll be no need for ghosts, Professor..." Filch pointed at the painting where the Fat Lady was.

Dumbledore and the students went to the Fat Lady with worry – well, the students were more curious than worried.

"Dear, Lady. Who did this to you?" Dumbledore asked.

"Eyes like a devil he's got!" The Fat Lady cried, "And a soul as dark as his name. It was him, Headmaster! The one they all talk about. He's here! Somewhere in the castle! Sirius Black!"

Carina trembled in fear. She took a step back from the painting. Maisie noticed her cousin's sudden absence beside her.

"Carrie?" Maisie called. But upon turning she saw her running down the stairs to Merlin knows where, "Carrie! Carrie!"

Carina found herself running towards the Defense Against the Dark Arts classroom and up to the door at the back – Lupin's office. She pounded her hand on the door, begging for the man to open the door. After a few more pounding, the door swung open and revealed a quite tired Lupin.

Lupin saw Carina's tear-stained face and puffy red eyes. He immediately held the girl.

"Carina, dear, what's wrong?" Lupin asked.

"H-He's here!" Carina said, "He tore the Fat Lady's portrait – he's here! He's here !"

Lupin brought the girl in to his arms and lets her calm down. He brushed his hand through her locks and waited until she calmed down. Once calmed, Lupin brought Carina to where the other students were told to go: the Great Hall.

Upon reaching the Hall, there were a see of sleeping bags placed on the floor for the students – others were already getting ready for bed, but there was a particular group that stayed huddled and were talking about something serious: Harry, Hermione, Ron and Roman – and at the doorway were the teachers huddled in worry. Once their presence was noticed, Professor McGonagall was the first to approach Carina and held her with relief.

"My dear, we've been looking for you!" McGongall said.

"She was with me, Professor, not to worry." Lupin smiled.

"Are you alright, my dear?" McGongall asked.

Carina nodded.

"Just a bit frightened." Lupin said.

"Ms. Black," Dumbledore called, "I must speak with you shortly. Professor McGonagall, Professor Lupin if you please accompany Ms. Black and I? Professor Snape, I leave the children to you."

Snape nodded and turned his attention back at the students. Dumbledore brought Carina to the isolated part of the castle, but was still in arms reach from the Great Hall where the students were.

Back at the Great Hall, Harry watched as Dumbledore escorted Carina out of the Hall with McGonagall and Lupin in tow. He couldn't shake off the feeling that everything that was happening might be related with Carina. But he wouldn't jump in to concluisons.

"Is she alright?" Hermione asked.

"Dunno," Ron shrugged, "Maisie said that she just ran..."

"Maybe I should go after her." Roman said.

"Roman, don't—"

Just as Roman was to step up, Snape came and blocked the boy's path. The man glowered down at him, his gazed turned to the three Gryffindors before he turned back to Roman.

"And where do you think you're going, Ms. Alston?" Snape asked.

"The kitchen, I'm quite thirst." Roman lied.

But Snape wasn't taking any of it. "I'll have the house-elves bring you gallon of water, if you like... now get back to your House, it's time for bed." He turned to the Gryffindors, "All of you."

That night, Carina returned just as everyone has gone to bed. She was given a sleeping bag and was asked to sleep beside Harry, where the teachers can keep an eye on both of them. She sighed and closed her eyes, not a moment later, she was already asleep, and in her dreams she dreamt of running in pure bliss – the taste of freedom as her feet ran through the woods.