Chapter 8

Night suddenly saw what looked like his old home.
"Guys.. Look! A barn!" Night meowed.
Snow raced to his side and there was a silence. "Oh wow!" she exclaimed. "Maybe we could find some cats who live there!"
Night shrugged. "Maybe.."
"Come on! We should go see!" Dust said from behind

Night leaped over the fence. Snow, Bird, and Dust were following behind. Then Night saw something. A gray figure was coming towards them until Night realized it was a cat. There was no other cats near it.
"What do you think she'll do?" Snow whispered.
Night shooked his head. I'm not sure.. he thought.
"Hey. Hey!" The cat called. By the sound of it, it was a she-cat. She approached them with a smile. "Come back to the barn with me." she suggested.
"Okay," Snow agreed.
"What?" Night said, surprised. "We're gonna trust a cat we never met before?" 
"We'll, you just met me right now." The gray she-cat pointed out.
Night flattened his ears in annoyance. He sighed. "Come on then."

Once they got to the barn, the gray she-cat introduced herself.
"I'm Spots. The others in this barn say I'm a natural leader. Anyhow, I'll show you around." Spots also had brown spots on her. Pretty sure that's how she got her name.
A gray tabby she-cat came up to them. "Hiya! My name's Mouse, close friend to Spots."
"Hey Mousey, wanna show our new visitors the barn?" Spots asked excitedly.
"Yeah, of course I do!"
Mouse lead them through the barn. "You're not from around here, aye?" Spots guessed. Night nodded. "Well, I'm Night and these are Snow, Bird, and Dust." Night said.
Mouse then took them to a black-and-white tom and a ginger tabby tom. "Hey Olive! Hi Flame. These are Night, Snow, Bird, and Dust. They're our visitors!"
"Hi!" The flame-colored tom who was named Flame greeted them. Olive narrowed his eyes. "Well, hello.." he meowed.
Mouse turned away from the toms and took them to where a dark gray she-cat was laying. She was eating a mouse. "You see the gray she-cat over there?" Yeah, if course I do. "Well, she's Storm and she's my sister! She's nothing like me. More of a grumpy-kitty."
Wow. I didn't even think they're sisters, Night thought bitterly.
"Why did you bring me a couple of loners?" Storm asked her sister.
"They're our visitors," Mouse said for like the third time.
"How do we know that we could trust them, Spots?" Storm growled. "They could possibly be planning to take over the barn."
"Nonsense!" Spots meowed. "I can tell you that I believe that they won't harm us."
Storm snorted.
"This way, you guys!" Mouse called, about a fox-length away. Then a blue she-cat bumped into Mouse. The kit fell to the floor. "Sorry Mouse," she apologized.
"Its okay Cloud. Why don't you meet our visitors?" Mouse said. Cloud brightened up and looked at the four cats. "Hi! My name is Cloud. Who are you?"
Night opened his mouth but Snow was able to speak before him. "I'm Snow and these are Night, Bird, and Dust."
"Just show us the other cats, Spots. I want to do some hunting." Night said impatiently.
"Eeeee! It's Storm 2.0!!" Cloud exclaimed. Cloud, Mouse, Snow, Bird, and Dust all laughed. Night flattened his ears in annoyance.

"Yeah, yeah. Very funny," Night grumbled. 

"Hey! Hey, Splash!" Mouse called. "Come meet our visitors!!"

A tortoiseshell tom came over and greeted them. He introduced himself and they introduced themselves. 

"Well, now that you finishing meeting all the farm cats, why don't we have a little storytime?" Spots said. 

"Yes!" Bird said excitedly. The she-kit skipped around and then tripped over her tail. "Oof."

"Well, I'm going hunting," Night called. 

"Okay then!" Spots meowed. "Be back soon for the stories!"

"Why don't you listen to the stories without me?" Night grumbled. 

Then Night left the barn. 

Wow. I killed myself when writing this page.