Never Have I Ever

Start from the beginning

"Greg!" I scold.

"What's your problem?" Maddy clenches her jaw.

"If you're going to be a bitch towards Wendy, you might as well be straightforward about it. There's no point in pretending to be nice when you're just trying to insult her," Greg coldly return, his glare locked onto Maddy. Maybe it's because he acts, but it was scary enough for my knees to buckle, and he wasn't even facing me.

Maddy storms out and I shake Greg by the shoulder so he would loosen up.

"We were just talking about jewelry. It was no big deal," I try to cool down Greg.

"You shouldn't let people walk over you like that. You don't deserve that crap," Greg sighs.

"Thanks for caring, but trust me. It was just a casual conversation," I smile, trying to how little affect it had on me. "I'm fine."

"Alright," he forfeits.

"Wendy, let's go eat," Vincent invites as he walk in.

Upon seeing Greg, he slows his pace and stands rigidly next to me. Greg shoves his hands into the pockets of his hoodie and leans against the counter. While I thought they were only exchanging glances, they actually stared at each other. I could see Vincent's jawline shift around while his gaze was locked.

Forcing a cough, I spoke up, "Food sounds great. Come on," I place a hand on each of their backs simultaneously, nudging them forward out of the kitchen.

In the living room, everyone had already seated themselves into a ring around the spread of food. I place myself in the center of an empty area. Both Vincent and Greg seem to head towards my right, but Vincent speed up last second and plops himself down. Seeing this, I pat the spot to my left and Greg sits there. Maddy inches herself closer to Vincent, and Luke follows her in a panic.

"Here you go, Wendy." Vincent hands me a plate full of food. At the same time, Greg also hands me a plate piled high.

"I noticed you like tomato pasta, so I got you a lot of lasagna," Greg explains.

"You always talk about my mom's chicken, so here." Vincent inches his plate more forward in front of me.

"I got this lasagna from a really famous place downtown," Greg counters.

"Wendy had the pasta a few days ago. It's boring to eat the same thing again."

"Lasagna tastes different."

"Not really."

The room grew quiet as their conversation became more intense.

"I'll eat both," I mediate the situation, taking both plates. With my fork, I pick up a piece of lasagna and chicken and eat them both in a single bite. "They're both really good!" I smile, nodding my head until Vincent and Greg turned away to eat.

"Who brought a salad?" Luke screams, writhing his index finger at it as if it was an alien that sprout from a man's chest.

"I did..." Maddy quietly answers. "I can't eat all of this greasy food."

"I LOVE SALAD!" Luke then grass a bundle a size of newborn onto his plate and shoves mouthfuls of it into his mouth. "This is really good," he says with his mouthful, though his eyes made it obvious he was in pain. Maddy grins, slightly grimacing, before turning away. Immediately, Luke head juts forward like he's having a gag reflex.