...

My alarm sounds, and I quickly shoot up from my bed. I brush my hair and teeth, then search my closet for an outfit. My mom did my laundry, so I put on a pair of jeans and my crown sweater with a white collared shirt underneath. By the time my hair's in a ponytail, and I'm ready to go, it's 6:35. It normally takes me around 15 minutes to get to Pop's, so I head out the door. I tell my mom I'm going to Pop's and she doesn't ask any questions.

I get there and see Jughead already sitting there, he ordered me a vanilla shake, my favorite. I sit down, taking a sip of my milkshake. We sit awkwardly in silence, I can tell he's trying to come up with the right words. Truthfully I'm a little flattered he cares so much about me to invite me here tonight. This alone is enough for me, but I want to see what he has to say.

"Betty," he starts, pausing for a few seconds before continuing, "I can't tell you how sorry I am

"Betty," he starts, pausing for a few seconds before continuing, "I can't tell you how sorry I am. I'm such an asshole you deserve a better best friend than me. I truly never meant to hurt you. It's just as soon as Chuck said 'Betty Cooper,' I got so mad that he was targeting you, especially right after your breakup. And then Archie started talking and all I ever wanted to do was protect you from those assholes and now I've turned into one of them."

"Jug, don't ever compare yourself to them, you are so much better than those scumbags." I say, grabbing his hand.

He turns to look at me, "No I'm not, you told me why you and Archie broke up in private and then I went and told basically the entire grade."

"Jughead, it's okay, really. I know you didn't mean to, you had good intentions." I tell him, looking at him in the eye.

"You really mean that?" He asks.

"Yes." I smile.

I put my head on his shoulder and we sit like that, talking and laughing for hours, until my mom texts me it's time to come home. He walks me home, even though it's totally out of his way. I say goodbye to him, and walk into my house. To my surprise, my mother is still awake, and she's baking cookies. She's never awake past 10.

"Want some cookies?" She asks, smiling.

"You'll never hear me refuse that offer." I reply, laughing.

"So... you were at Pop's with Jughead?" She says.

"Yep." I answer, my mouth full.

"You sure have gotten close to him recently."

"I guess you could say that." I respond. I feel like this is leading up to something.

"Is there anything going on between you two?" She asks.

"What do you mean?"

"Romantically." She states.

"Oh," I blush, "No, nothing like that, we're just friends."

"Just wondering," she smirks. She definitely saw me blush.

"Well I'm going to go up to bed." I tell her.

"Okay sweetie, goodnight."

"Goodnight, Mom."

I rush up my stairs, eager to get in my pajamas and go to bed. When I finally sit in bed, I realize I'm really not that tired. I open a new book and begin to read. Before I know it, it's 3 am and I'm finished with my book. I turn off my lamp and get under my covers. I think about what my mom said. Romantically. My face heats up. I've never really thought of Jughead that way, but the thought alone makes me feel butterflies. Maybe dating Jughead wouldn't be so bad. Archie has just been clouding my vision with those perfect abs of his.

jughead

I lie awake for hours, thinking of Betty. Her perfect smile, and the way she glows when she talks about something she's passionate about, her signature dirty blonde ponytail. Everything about her is perfect. I imagine how amazing it would be to call her mine. To go to the drive-in and watch movies every week. To go Picken's Park and have picnics. To go to Pop's and sit talking for hours, just like tonight. If I could live one day over and over for the rest on my life it would be tonight.

the two fall asleep, thinking of none other than each other and what tomorrow could bring

ey bb's this chapter was pretty fun to write. betty and jughead are back and better than ever, but still just friends, foR nOw thAt iS ;) okok ill leave now im annoying