1

Penny

Micah is the best partner I could ask for. He's handsome, of course, but he's also fiercely loyal, patient, and kind. A lot of guys are intimidated by me (Simon used to be. Baz still is, a little bit, but he'll never admit it. Micah supports me in everything I do, always tells me how proud he is if me, and (possibly most importantly) he gets along great with Simon. I'd be a dumbass not to marry him.

When we were in school, doing the long-distance thing was really hard on both of us. We were in our early teens, new to dating, and constantly stressed out. I was stressed because I was frequently facing a magic-sucking monster as the sidekick of my unpredictable supernova of a best friend, and Micah was stressed because of the American school system in general. We always got through it, though, and survived the distance. I wouldn't break up with him if I lived in another dimension.

Micah always came to visit me during the even years' summers, and I visited him during the odd ones. We always tried to cram in "coupley things" like dates and dances and photo-ops, before the summer was over, but the summer before my sixth year, we decided to just take it slow and enjoy being with each other.

On Micah's last day before he had to leave for the US, we didn't do anything. We just laid on our backs on my bed, staring contemplatively at the fairy lights on my ceiling, saying very little. 

Micah said, "I wish I could stop time, so I could stay here with you forever."

I told him that you actually can stop time, but it's extremely draining and very hard to do for any long period of time.

In eighth year, I had a conversation with Basilton, who had previously been Simon's nemesis before they went on a truce to solve the mystery of Baz's mother's death, and then started snogging behind my back, about magickal marriage and bondage (not the kinky kind. The magickal, soul-binding kind-although I have a feeling Baz  would be down for both).

Eighth year was weird.

I told Baz, "I'm going to stop time when I propose to Micah." I had never even thought of  that before. I just came up with it on the spot. But it felt like the right idea. It felt right when I told Baz about it, and it felt right when I did it.

Only Micah and I know the details of my proposal- the location, the time (or lack thereof), what I said. We're keeping it between the two of us for now. Simon was kind of pissed, but all I would tell him was that it was very romantic, very impressive, and that Micah said yes.

As soon as we got engaged, Micah came to stay with me in London. We're having the wedding here, since it's more convenient, and his family wants to see England. After that, Micah's taking an internship at a magickal news magazine, and we'll be splitting our time between living in America and England. We'll have a flat in London and a little house in Seattle that Micah inherited from his grandparents. While we're gone, Simon can take care of our flat and water our plants. I know Simon and I will miss each other a whole fucking lot, but I trust Baz with him.

Simon hasn't mentioned the subject of marrying Baz to me yet. I have no doubt that it'll happen, in one way or another, but maybe not for a while. They were enemies for the longest time, and even though they're definitely happy together now, I think they're still getting used to being boyfriends. They're a great couple, though, no question.

Simon

Baz is moving in with me. We're going to be living together for the second time. This time, not as enemies, but as boyfriends, who cook together and stay up late watching TV and fall asleep breathing into each other's hair. It's a strange sensation- a little bittersweet, because it means Penny is moving out, and a little scary, because the last time we lived together, the Roomate's Anathema was the only thing that stopped us from killing each other, but mostly happy, because now I get to lay next to Baz every night while he pretends to sleep (along with numerous other living-alone-with-your-boyfriend-perks).