Chatper 21- Is Something Wrong?

I've never minded flying in airplanes, but this particular ride seemed to drag on and on, my head pounded and I had nausea, but I sat by the window in peace, not looking out the window but watching the screen in front of me. At times it went blurry for a few seconds, but I blamed it on the altitude of the aircraft. I played games on my iPod, but eventually drifted off to sleep for a while, but no dreams. I awoke when the plane started rattling, I looked up to see the seat belt light turned on, I must've missed the announcement, but since the turbulence wasn't very good, I put on my seat belt, missing a few times, probably because I was tired, but I got it on, and I closed my eyes, holding my stomach. Motion sickness. Perfect timing.

     "You look green." Steve said, but I didn’t respond, "Maddi, you okay?"

     "No, but if you let me relax, I will be." I hissed back at him, he shoved me, causing me to knock over my water on my lap, "Stephen!" I almost yelled, I wanted to stand up and wipe the water off, but instead I bent over to pick up my jumper, to hide my lap. Once it was on my lap, I glared at Steve, who was laughing. My head started hurting again, so I went back to holding my stomach and my eyes closed.

*****

     I really want to get off this thing. I kept repeating myself in my head, I needed fresh air, and the nausea was getting worse. I started thinking of all the possibilities of what could be wrong. One; I caught a flu in Hawaii. Two; I could have food poison or, three; I've secretly grown a hatred towards flying without me even knowing it. I could ask my mom for more water, but she was fast asleep regardless to the fact we've almost hit the runway. Home sweet home. I thought to myself, it didn't look too cold outside, which I approved of.  I didn't feel any jet lag at the moment.

     Soon enough, we've left the airport with all of our belongings, and waited for the shuttle bus to take us to our car. The ride home, I examined the necklace I received earlier that day, keeping my mind off my health, and thinking happy memories, right then I remembered Allie, I pulled her out of my bag, and hugged her, looking out the window. My stomach really started too hurt so I spoke up, "Can you pull over quickly, I'm going to get sick." No response, so I said it louder, which the sound hurt my own head, we were still on the freeway, so my dad pulled over, and I jumped out of the car as fast as I could, and fell to my hands and knees and got sick.

     I didn't feel better, but more relieved, "Have some water, hunnie." I mom said, while helping me up. I whipped off my mouth with my arm, then washed off my arm with a bit of water, "Look at me?" My mom said, moving my head in her direction, "Yes, drink as much water as you can, and when we get home, we'll give you some medication." I nodded my head, as she kissed it. Some how even my skin was sensitive around my temples where the headache was located, where she kissed. I winced in pain a little bit, but I drank water and climbed back into the car, a little light headed, looking at Steve's face, which was full of disgust. Whatever.