Chapter 3- ""Cuz' We Be Just SomeKidz""

So I sit here in the last class of the day, not doing much, we're watching a movie for history-studies, and all I can think about is all this tapping noise from all around me. I look to my left-- oh look Sidney Walker is texting on her blackberry. I look to my right-- only to see Chris Yu texting as well.

I'm not going to snoop and look backwards, but i think Luke is texting as well. What do the teachers think when they see a kid just look at their lap and smile? But this teacher is oblivious, one year from retirement, still a mystery to me why teachers become teachers, haven't they already endured so much of there life in school around such mean people, why spend your career teaching teenagers who don't listen 90% of the time.

So i reached down to my bag and pulled out my phone, it was an iPhone as well, but i only had the 3g version. Better then nothing, hey? Cheap parents, is all I can say here. I could buy a better version, but too 'busy' doing nothing productive to get a job.

As soon as I had my phone in my grasp it vibrated, it startled me and I dropped it on the ground beside me, with a loud bang. "Sh--! My calculator!" I muttered, not even the teacher noticed so I think saying that to cover up was unnecessary. I fixed my hair to block my face from embarrassment; I could feel eyes on me. Isn't there other things kids can do? Do they have to stare at something as small as this?Hell, they could even text, but no they choose to waste there precious time on staring at people like yours truly. I heard some snickers as well, but I kept my stares to myself.

I unlocked my phone with the code of; 6669, something I can easily remember for some reason and read the number. I didn't have it in my contacts, so who was texting me? I read the text:

1403 555 6673- Hey, I like your hair today. But it's a little messed up from the back.

What? Who? -- Luke, I turned around," Was this you?" I whispered, and flashed him my phone screen, he chuckled and nodded his head, and I did a sarcastic laugh but I smiled and turned around. I replied:

Me: Well your shirt is a little messed up in the front, so ha!

Luke: Probably from you bumping into it too many times in one day

Me: Hey! That was only twice! And me say this, you sir are like a brick wall.

Luke: Haha Thanks Ms.Clumsy ;) I work on it. lol.

** The bell rang, and I looked back and I laughed, I grabbed my backpack and headed to the door, but I felt a hand on my shoulder, I looked back and made sure to look up only to see Luke, again?

"Do you walk home?" He asked with his cute half smile erupting on his face.

"Why yes, yes I do." I replied pretty smoothly

"Can I walk you home?"

"S-- Y-- Yea sure, if you want to! I'm usually pretty lonely walking 4 blocks." I said sarcastically, I didn't need to go to my locker and neither did he so we headed out the front doors. I saw Zoë walk by, and she flashed two thumbs up, I did the same too. More people looked at us, they must be thinking, 'Whats this? Matilda? With... Someone different?!'

At this moment, I started thinking of the million things I've been saving up to ask him since the start of the year, when you could still see green on the ground, only a few months ago, but to some people that's a long time! A narrowed down my possibilities of conversation topics, but the list was still over one hundred subjects. Usually walking home, I focus on the music I played quietly in my pocket, not slipping on the ice, and the distracting beeps of cars I seem to get from desperate men-They obviously didn't get a good look at me.

I forced myself to think about the reasons why a guy like Luke, would even consider talking to a girl like me. Did I put a little more makeup on then usual today? Is this boy into girls who likes boy things? Either way, I'm scared if or when he gets to know me, he'll leave. I've had boyfriends in the past, and 'friends' I'd go a little further with then kissing at times, but they all seemed to leave; leaving poor ol' me in the dust. What's the point of dating at this age? I ask myself this a lot. Unless you fall hopelessly in love, and you plan to marry right when it's legal, then hey, it's your life.

Your poor old life.

At this time is when we really shine in life-- or at least, supposed to-- a time where we think about our future. Joyous times indeed