"Pick up that phone and you're dead too side chick." he snaps.

"'Side chick'?" I ask. "What do you mean by 'side chick'?"

Luke chuckles. "I guess you were a little too dumb to not realize that Daddy and this little friend of yours have been banging each other behind your back for months now, huh?"

My eyes widen and my heart falls into the pit of my stomach. "Is that true?" I ask while turning to face my dad.

He looks at Luke and back at me.

"Tell her, Rick. Or else I might have to." Luke says.

My Dad sighs. "Yes, it is."

I instantly feel my cheeks burn.

"You've been cheating on Mom? With a sixteen-year-old? And you had the nerve to call Michael sick?" I yell.

"Nicole I-" I interrupt him.

"You're the sick one!" I scream. "At least our relationship is legal, you're going to go to prison if you get found out dad."

I turn to face Lucy. "And you. How dare you lie and try to make me think Michael would violate you when you've been banging my dad. When did this even start?"

She backs away, almost as if she's afraid. "June... at your graduation dinner."

My jaw drops. "June? June? You've been doing this for seven months?"

She opens her mouth to say something before I hear Michael's voice at the top of the outdoor staircase right above us.

"Nicole? Are you down here?" I hear him call before appearing at the top of the steps before stopping dead in his tracks. "Oh my God." he says. "Luke, please don't hurt her."

"Michael, you know him?" I ask, confused.

*Michael's POV*

Luke turns to face me with the gun.

I gulp before a answering. "Yes, I do."

"Tell her how!" Luke screams while placing his finger on the trigger and repositioning his aim on her chest.

I take a deep breath, scared for my life, but even more, hers. This is the woman I love.

If anyone is going to die tonight, it's going to be me.

"A year ago-" I shake my head. "Luke was my patient, Nicole."

"Keep going." Luke says while gesturing towards me with the gun.

"Luke, enough with the bullshit! Put it down before you do something stupid!" Rick yells while taking a step forward and reaching towards him.

Within a split second, he pulls the trigger launching a bullet into Rick's thigh.

"Son of a bitch!" he yells while falling to the ground and clutching his leg in pain. "What the fuck is wrong with you, boy?"

"Dumbass!" Luke screams. "Try that again, and the next one will be in your head!"

I look over to Nicole who is clutching her arm. Did he shoot her already?

Lucy rushes to Rick's side before turning to me with wide eyes and tears streaming down her face. "Michael, please! Tell her!" she says while clutching Rick's hand in her own.

That's strange.

I'm doing my best to stall. Hoping that the sound of the non-fatal shots he's fired will notify one of the neighbors in the complex to call the police.