Chapter 2

*Nicole's POV*

"Oh my God, why me? What am I going to do?" I think to myself. I quickly run through every possible solution in my head-

Should I run out?

No there's not enough time.

Get on my phone?

No its on 10% I need to save charge.

Look at the ground and pray this person doesn't try to talk to me?

That's the best and only option I guess.

I quickly put my head down as I see a pair of shiny black oxfords make their way on to the elevator. The person's breathing is rapid, it sounded as if they had just run a mile.

"I practically ran a mile to get here on time." a sweet, softspoken voice says.

Oh, my God. He was talking to me, I knew I had to respond- it would be extremely rude if I didn't. I use all my emotional strength to pull my gaze off the floor, only to be stunned by what I see-

Practically the most beautiful man ever.

His features looked as if they had been carved out of the finest marble- sculpted to perfection. His reading glasses were perched upon his cute, upturned nose shielding his big brown eyes that gleamed under the yellow-toned lights. His flowing, black locks contrasted with his porcelain skin perfectly. His pink lips curved into a smile, and not just any smile-

it was the most beautiful smile I had ever seen.

He tilts his head to the side and giggles. "Are you okay, sweetie?"

My eyes widen. I quickly snap out of my daydream, not realizing I was probably checking him out for a good 30 seconds, looking directly at him without responding to his earlier comment.

"Oh my God, he totally thinks I'm crazy." I think to myself.

"W-what?" I say, shaking my head. "Oh yeah. I'm okay." I let out a nervous laugh.

"Are you sure?" he asks me with another giggle "You seem a little spooked."

Of course, I am, a gorgeous man is talking to me, this has never happened.

"Yeah," I say with another nervous laugh "I'm fine."

He raises his perfectly arched eyebrows at me "Alright." he says with a smirk.

He glances at the elevator buttons. "You're going to floor 10 too?" he asks me.

I quickly think of a way to avoid us getting off on the same floor. So we won't end up walking the same way and doing that awkward "saying goodbye, but still walking next to each other" thing.

"Uh, no- 11 actually. I must've pressed the wrong one when I got on." I reach over putting all my weight on one foot to press the button. I'm centimeters away from it when the elevator comes to a sudden stop to open on the 7th floor, causing me to lose my balance.

I suddenly feel two large hands grip my waist to save me from my face making contact with the metal wall. The beautiful stranger helps me to my feet. He laughs and looks me in the eyes.

"You should be more careful," he says, softly brushing my back with his right hand and reaching over to press the button for the 11th floor for me. "it would be a shame if you broke that straight nose of yours." he says with a smile.

I nervous laugh again "Yeah, I guess it would be." I say.

I notice that his hand is still on the small of my back and I begin to panic- wondering if I should move away or wait for him to remove it. I think he sensed my nervousness because he pulled his hand away.

"Sorry." he says looking down.

"It's okay." I say awkwardly.

We reach floor 10 and the door opens.

"Have a nice day." he says with a small wave and a smile.

"You too." I say smiling back.

I watch as I let the beautiful stranger out of my sight, not knowing if I'll ever see him again. A million thoughts begin to race through my mind. That was the most physical contact I've ever had with a male. I could feel the adrenaline pumping through my veins. He was obviously way older than me- maybe that had something to do with his effect on me.

The elevator doors open to the 11th floor. I sigh and hit the number 10 again. Half-heartedly wishing I would've gotten off on the same floor as the beautiful man that was within my reach just seconds ago...