Chapter 54

A/N

I hope book 2 has been satisfying enough for you guys. If you made it this far and somehow didn't stop reading, congratz!

I love you to the moon and back and wish you forlorn for the journey ahead.

P.S. What are you're hopes for my character?

~~@ @ @~~

I've been a prisoner before its no secret.

I've been beaten and broken down in many ways possible that I lost track of time whenever it happened.

But never, and I mean never, did I have to go through being a prisoner with the rest of my friends that were caught up in my brother's and Steve's feud.

I felt sick just watching them as the guards put them in chains and dragged us all to hell.

We saved Earth from being invaded and now this was the reward they gave us.

It was a deadly truth to anyone really.

The Government will always try to find control over things they can't.

And if they can't control it, they simply get rid of it.

Its there motto, I know.

Because I was the person they'd turn to, to get rid of their little problems.

Assassin has never been my regular name but at one point it was until I became the Dark Witch.

When I was the Government's lapdog, they could do anything they wanted with me.

I was disposable.

Just a simple matter that could be extinguished if it ever arised.

But now the rules were different.

Ever since Fury released me to Tony after the battle of New York, they couldn't contain me so they deemed me a threat.

I've always known they'd find some way back to bite me in the ass.

They were pesky rats that just don't know when to die.

"Watch it," Clint growled from in front of us, his jaw snapping at the guard who pulled us all a little too roughly by the chain.

We were all filing in a single line through the barred hallway with chains wrapped around our hands and legs.

Wanda and I were a bit more unpredictable, they let the metal clasp remain on my neck and pinned my hands cross against my waist, clicking metal locks that kept them there.

Wanda was shoved in a straight jacket with belts that pulled her hands together.

A winding metal clasp was also installed on her neck and I know it had the same qualities as mine did considering we mirrored each other powers.

The others all had basic chains but if anyone were to look at me and Wanda its clear the two of us was the most dangerous.

Clint was the very first on the single line, followed by Sam, Scott-who I just learned-Wanda, then me.

Each metal gate we pass through took some time to open and by the time we entered a split in the narrowed path, I counted five doors.

A couple guards approach us all and began to unlock the chains that interlock us together, making us disperse from our places.

I didn't have the heart to face my former teammates as they watch me with a mixture of pity and remorse.

They knew now why I decided not to choose.