Chapter 41

"Stare at me, one more time. I. Dare. You."

The doctor holding onto a needle and thread turned tail and ran out of the room with a gulp.

I watch him go with a raised eyebrow and hissed as I tenderly touch the wound on my forehead. I know the doctor is probably just trying to help, but I'm petty like that. There's no way in hell I was letting anyone near my head after the debacle that happened earlier today.

Around this time my powers would heal me but now that I was dying, it might not even happen. 

"Oh, bitter memories," I mumbled, stretching my arms above my head to gain some relief after hours of sitting in this chair.

There was no sign of anyone. No sign of my brother.

And no sign of this chain getting off me anytime soon.

So I resorted back to silence. 

No one was there to talk to me or tell me what was going on so I might else well stop and think about what was going to happen next.

What was going to happen to the Avengers?

What was going to happen to me?

Will they put me in a lock-up?

Treat me like a dog?

Hell, I've already been collared what more would they want?

The door opens with a creak. A wave of familiar energy filtered into the room before I even raised my head. 

Well, well. 

The man by the door pauses for a moment, hesitant, before sighing and going in, sliding into the chair in front of me.

A terse silence spreads between us and even as I felt him grow more and more anxious, I don't make the first move. I wait and wait, until he can't stand it anymore. 

"B-"

"When did you build it?" I stop him, finally clashing eyes with the one I called brother.

His eyes trail down toward the clamp on my neck and the chain in front of him.

"Does that really matter right now?" He questions stubbornly, slicking his once-jelled hair up his face. I watch him quietly, unable to believe those words would come out of his mouth.

Did he understand what he did? 

Did he understand the pain and betrayal I felt?

That my own brother would build something to control me--no, to chain me. 

"It is to me," I whisper, tone dry and filled with ice. 

Tony raises his gaze, locking with mine before he blinks and turns away to fix the vested suit he wore. I watch those brown orbs narrow in apparent nervousness. He's uncomfortable. Good. 

"It was just in case--" He stops and looks away one hand clenched in front of him. "You've lost control before Blues, I didn't--"

"You're a sick son of a bitch you know that right?" I tell him bluntly, making sure he sees that I was raging. "Did you think I wanted to lose control in DC? Did you think I wanted to kill all those people?"

Leaning back, I unclenched my hands in an attempt to alleviate the pressure in my neck. "I'm your sister Tony! You couldn't even trust me enough, to build that thing?!"

"How can I when you still have that HYDRA training inside you?!"

His confession makes me freeze.

My anger dropped, and my entire stance trembled.