In the real world things like this are impossible... right?

I couldn't stop staring at the black fluff ball in my lap. Did I honestly hear what I thought I just heard or have I finally lost my marbles? I had to be imagining things, this was insane.

"Did you just...", before I could even finish asking the tiny animal he did it again. "Talk? Yes I did. I said my name is Tony. Tony Stark and these other...... kittens are Thor Odinson, Steve Rogers, Natasha Romanoff, Clint Barton, and Bruce Banner. We're the avengers...or were. I'm not sure anymore..."

The kitten just continued to talk and I just watched in horror my eyes bugging out. I suddenly felt very light headed and dizzy. The feeling washed over me and I slipped out of my chair kitten still in my lap and collapsed on the kitchen floor darkness swarming me.

Steve's P.O.V

I couldn't help but frown as the poor girl collapsed her sister following not long after. Tony forgot to consider that this was extremely abnormal and it would freak people out.

Now the two sweet and caring girls were lying on the kitchen floor unconscious because he couldn't hold his tongue for a minute. I slowly walked to the edge of the table and peered down to see Tony struggling to brake free from under the girls leg the other sister just lay in a crumpled heap beside her.

I gave a small huff and jumped down from the table to the chair carefully. I still wasn't used to being a kitten. I could barely wrap my mind around it. This was much worse then trying to adapt to 70 years in the future.

The others followed behind me as I carefully made my way down the table. I hesitantly jumped off the chair and onto the girl currently laying on top of Tony.

We needed to wake her up somehow and get Tony out from under her legs. I moved as quickly as I could to stand on her chest right by her face. I cautiously sniffed her. I don't know why I was doing it but I'm guessing it was instincts or something like that.

She seemed fine besides the fact she just fainted so I ran down towards her legs to help Tony. Bruce was on the other sister checking her sister like I had just done while the rest of us went to free Tony.

After a few minutes of pushing our bodies up against her legs they finally budged enough so Tony could slip out. He scrambled away quickly and was breathing heavy.

I tried to clear my throat best I could. "Tony you should be more considerate towards the well being of the girls who helped us. Don't you think this would be strange for them?", Bruce spoke. I was surprised he was able to I was trying but nothing was coming out right.

His words however were exactly what I wanted to say. Tony gave him an annoyed look. "Strange for them?! It's strange for us!!", he growled. I immediately stepped in before "they" (more like Tony) had at it. The stress of our situation was eating at all of us.

Bruce sighed sitting down his tail wrapping around his feet neatly. "Tony this is extremely stressful for all of us but if you want us to get some help you should really consider thinking through what you do. Now these poor girls are passed out on the floor."

Tony huffed scratching his ear in irritation. "Yeah yeah I know!", he hissed. I opened my mouth to speak again and this time I was surprised it worked. "Alright we all have to remain calm. Remember we're in this together.", I reminded sitting down beside Bruce.

The others joined us forming a circle. We immediately began discussing our options. The rest of the avengers began to find their voices and soon there was an all out debate. Although we were kittens I was glad we had found our ability to speak.

We hushed as we noticed the older sister stirring. I quickly shot Tony a look before she fully awakened.

Christian's P.O.V

A groan left my lips as I pushed myself into a sitting position. I rubbed my side because it was sore from me falling out the chair. I immediately noticed the six kittens all staring up at me.

What happened before I fainted flooded my memory and I squeaked scrambling away tripping over my sister who I just realized was also on the floor.

I grabbed Laina's limp body pulling her away from them and narrowed my eyes at them. "What the actual fuck just happened?!", I shouted pulling Laina to my chest tightly. The golden tabby stepped towards me but I scooted back pulling Laina along.

This girl was heavy. She better wake up soon cause in not gonna keep lugging her around.

The tabby stopped his advance and instead sat down in his place watching me with pleading eyes. None of them were speaking now and it was irritating me. I know they can speak. I'm not crazy enough for my mind to conjure something like that up and then they claim to be the avengers. I highly doubt that though.

"I know you guys can speak! Grumpy over there just did a few moments ago! If one of you doesn't talk soon Ima throw you on the street. I don't care if you're kittens!!", I said rashly pointing an accusing finger at the black kitten.

Then Laina finally woke up. She saw the kitten so close and screamed rushing to get behind me. She too now was staring at the kittens in silent horror. This was an extremely abnormal occurrence. Even for us.

"Please. We mean you no harm. We have no idea what's happening to us. We're just as confused as you are right now and we would really appreciate your hospitality. My name is Steve Rogers.", the yellow tabby was quick to speak after my threat. He seemed sincere and I immediately trusted him.

I thought about it for a moment. I could see my silence making them nervous. I let out a sigh before speaking. "Fine you can stay. But I want to know what the hell happened here and why you guys are claiming to be the avengers.", I stated laying out the rules.

All the kittens nodded their heads in agreement to my terms which made me feel queasy. It would take me awhile to get used to the fact that they could speak and understand me.

"Alright then fluff balls. Let's go in the living room and you guys can tell me what happened.", I suggested standing up and picking up the kittens cautiously bringing then to the living room.

Laina followed in silence her mind still trying to register what exactly just happened.

This was gonna be a long and extremely weird conversation and I knew it would be hard to understand. I took a deep breath to prepare myself for the unthinkable. Here goes nothing, right?

End
okay that was chapter three. I'm sorry it took me so long to update. I have a busy life and it gets in the way of writing all the time. I'll try to write more as often as I can but I can't make promises it'll be like everyday. I honestly don't have time for that. I wish I did.

Also, sorry its pretty short. I wanted the next chapter to have the entire conversation in it so I ebbed this one sooner.

Thank you all for reading In The Real World! This story is actually dedicated to my best friend Jill. We are crazy avengers fanatics if you couldn't tell by the story already.

Laina is based off of Jill in many ways and I love her. Thank you guys for all the love. There's been no hate so far and I take that as a win.

Jill's and my motto: Crazy, Stressed, and Avengers obsessed.
Get it trending! Lol

(I added a photo to the previous chapter so you can see what Laina looks like. Go back and check it out if you want to see)
                               ~ LexieLovesPTX