XVII - Finally

The sun was shining through the bleachers on the grass, the warmth perfect with the cool wind as it was peaceful with just me and him, not necessarily having to talk about anything. His eyes were closed, breathing even as I just looked at him and all his features.

He was really handsome. It took me a few years to realize, but it was really true; he was really handsome. His eyelashes almost fell on his cheek bones, and I knew for a fact most girls would kill for eyelashes like his. His skin was basically flawless and clear, and I knew allot of girls would kill for that, too.

His jawline was also perfect and his eyebrows were thick and masculine and his lips were plump and pink and his nose wasn't too big or too small and his hair was so soft and I felt happy that I could run my fingers through it.

"You have really long eyelashes," I stated softly, still looking at all his features as his lips tugged up in a smile.

"'S that good or bad?" He muttered, his voice raspy.

"Good," I smiled, still playing with his hair. "You're beautiful."

He opened one of his eyes to look up at me, and I blushed, realizing I called him beautiful.

"I mean not--" I started, looking for ways to rephrase myself. "I mean just."

He was full on smirking as he lifted himself up, sitting up straight and turning to me, his hair all disheveled and pointing at every direction adorably.

"I know I'm hot, just say it." He said, and I shoved his shoulder with a smile.

"You're so full of yourself, Jack." I rolled my eyes.

"Oh, you love it."

My smile faded when he mentioned the l-word, realizing I did. I mean yes, I loved Jack, I've loved him since I was a kid. But I realized what I was feeling for him now was beyond that love. I didn't know whether I was actually in love with him, but I definitely knew I was starting to get a crush on him.

He noticed my faded smile, and he inched closer to me, his eyes on my lips.

"I think you're beautiful, too." He whispered, his face close to mine as his eyes were fixed on my parted lips.

Next thing I knew his lips were pressed to mine, and I was a little shocked before I slowly started responding, our lips moving together in sync.

My hands went up to his neck as his were on my waist. I felt him slowly push me down into the grass as he hovered above me, his hands leaving my waist to support himself on his forearms, sucking and biting on my lower lip, taking my breath away.

My digits moved to the nape of his neck, pushing into his hair and tugging a little on his strands, knowing the effect it had on him.

He let out a throaty moan, and I felt his tongue on my lower lip. I parted my lips to grant him access and his tongue dipped into my mouth.

In the distance I could hear the school bell ringing, but I didn't care. Hell- a bomb could fall from the sky and I would stay right where I was.

I wrapped my legs around his waist, pulling him closer, and he groaned my name.

He pulled away and started kissing and sucking on my neck, pulling the shirt collar down to expose more skin.

"Jack," I moaned breathlessly as he started suckling on a spot right above my collarbone, and I pulled him closer. I knew he would leave a mark on my overly sensitive skin, but I couldn't care less.

After continuing his assault a bit longer his lips finally came back to mine, and he started leaning more on his left arm, my head turning to stay connected to his lips.

I didn't even realize but eventually he was on his back and I was sitting on top of him, straddling his waist, and his hands were at the hem of my shirt, caressing my skin.

It felt like my body was on fire and I had lost all track of time. The only thing on my mind was him and his lips and his touch which I couldn't get enough of.

And it felt so right. So perfect. Unlike when Carter had kissed me the day before--Carter!

Instantly I pulled away, my hands pushing on his chest, leaning as far as I could. I knew my cheeks were red as he looked at me before sighing and closing his eyes again, smiling.

"Finally." He muttered breathlessly, causing me to frown.

"What do you mean, 'finally'?"

He opened his eyes again, still laying on his back in the grass with my still straddling his waist.

He didn't answer and I shook my head.

"I'm sorry. I'm still with Carter, I think." I whispered, embarrassed for what had just happened.

Jack frowned before sitting up straight, his face close to mine.

"I thought you broke up with him?"

I watched his hurt expression, feeling my heart shatter as I shook my head.

He chewed his lip before looking away, and I got up from his lap, feeling like an idiot for getting it get this far.

"I'm sorry," I said, watching him get up from his seated position and wiping of his pants looking angry or hurt or both. "I didn't mean for this to happen..."

He tensed the moment I said it, and his eyes were ablaze when he turned to me.

"Do you regret it?" He asked, his voice harsh as he stared at me.

"What?"

"Do you regret kissing me?" He repeated.

I was a little shocked at his question, and I chewed my lip. Did I? It was definitely no question asked the best feeling I have ever felt, but I cheated on someone and that wasn't something I was proud of.

"I don't know." I said eventually, my voice small and low as he looked at me like I was dirt. I felt like crying all over again.

He shook his head in disappointment, grabbing his bag from the floor and I suddenly started getting mad.

"You know, you're the one that kissed me, Jack," I exclaimed, feeling myself heat up from anger. "And I told you I was still with Carter, so don't look at me like I'm some filth."

"You kissed me back!" He yelled, his arms flying up. "And sorry for thinking you were actually smart enough not to hang around that tool. Guess I was wrong."

My jaw dropped open at his words. "Do you even hear yourself right now?!" I cried out, clutching at my hair. "You're the one that sleeps around with brainless skanks, and you dare judge me for going out with Carter?!"

He stayed quiet.

"In fact, I have never even done anything with him! With anyone for that matter so don't come to me saying shit like I'm not smart, because I'm smarter than you'll ever be, fucking dick."

It was the last thing I screamed out before I grabbed my bag and turned away from him, biting down on my lip so I wouldn't start crying.

_________________

authors note:

lol leave a vote