XXXVIII - The beginning

I was sat in a cafe with my hands wrapped around a scorching hot cup of coffee, my eyes focused on the words of a romance story. Despite my eyes reading the words, nothing was registering. It was one of those days where I had to reread a page twenty times because my mind would drift off onto something else continuously.

"One especially glazed cinnamon bun for my own cute little cinnamon bun," A voice appeared from behind me, and I smiled. Turning to my boyfriend I instantly saw the small plate with the sweet dessert waiting to be eaten.

He sat down on the stool beside me where his laptop was resting on the tabletop on a word page filled with lyrics.

"Thanks baby. How's the song coming along?" I asked curiously, leaning over to him to see the words on the screen. So far it was only a poem but that's usually how he wrote his stories. Started out with a poem and then continued with the rest.

Defeated, he dropped his head in his hands with a loud groan causing me to giggle. We were the only ones in the cafe so the loud groan didn't bother anyone.
My laughter proved contagious and he stopped groaning to chuckle, looking at me. His cheeks were a bright blotched pink, which was one of my favorite things about him. And his chestnut hair. And his pink lips. And his soothing voice.

It was hard at first; forgetting about Jack. But then Shawn came into my life and it proved easy. I never fell out of love with Jack, but there was someone else for me now. And I have never been this content and purely happy with anyone. Jack made me feel alive, but he's also made me cry way more than Shawn ever has. Shawn's never done anything to make me cry.

Shawn was kind. After that one night with Jack after he took my virginity and I found out it was a bet, my heart was literally in pain. I've never felt so betrayed; especially when you give your body to someone like that. Not just your body but your all; your spirit, your love, everything you have. To have it tossed in the trash like nothing is simply unbearable. The worst part was that I had forgiven him for it all. I'd put my pride to the side and stood by him. That same day at night he'd gotten himself drunk and I was there for him. Only to find out he went home with someone else. Even though I'd looked for him in the middle of the night for hours. He went home with this girl; Savannah. And now, four years later, they were engaged.

After the night he went home with Savannah he had tried to make it up to me. It was half-assed, but he tried. I had told him that I couldn't. I didn't cry or anything, I simply said that I deserved better. And I meant it. Jack had changed me for the better. He had made me stronger. We were friends now, and he'll always be my first love, but whatever I felt for him was gone. He understood. The things he'd done to me made it easier to stop loving him and instead I helped him with Savannah, giving him relationship advice.

Shawn made me feel different. Made me feel loved. He didn't do things to make me feel as heartbroken as Jack did. Jack was a nice guy and Savannah had changed him. It hadn't been me, and I was okay with that. He was happy and so was I. I had finished the english course at my college and was now an aspiring journalist/author. I was in a healthy happy relationship and still lived in Cali, recently seeing my friends since they lived here too. Nesmay wasn't with Cam but with Luke, April with Josh, Lexi with my brother, and Alex had found someone as well.

It had turned out all right for everyone and even though there was still an ache in my heart when I'd think about what Jack and I could have been; I really was happy with Shawn.

"What?" Shawn murmured, our eyes endlessly staring into one another. My smile was broad and all I felt when I looked at him was joy and love, my heart swelling.

"Nothing." My smile broadened even more and I gave him a quick kiss, leaving him baffled.

He frowned, smiling too, shaking his head lightly.

"You never cease to amaze me." He said, nuzzling his nose with mine.

-----------

Last chapter :-)

Don't worry I'm planning to write a spinoff with Nesmay and Cam, or/and Jack and Savannah. Comment which one you want to read more. If you want April & Josh, or Lexi and Jack or Shawn and Julia LET ME KNOW BECAUSE IM INDECISIVE.
I'll be co-writing with a friend so that means more updates and more stories :-)))

Sorry for ending this story so suddenly but ILL CONTINUE WRITING WITH THE CHARACTER YOU JUST LET ME KNOW WHICH ONES

I LOVE YOU GUYS SOOOOOO MUCH FOR SUPPORTING ME AND READING THIS CRAP STORY IT MEANS SO MUCH TO ME

Idk how you guys still support like im such an ass ending the story like this but iM GONNA CONTINUE WITH JACK AND SAV U JUST GOTTA STAY WITH ME A LIL LONGER IM IMPROVING AND ILL UPLOAD MORE OFTEN OK