XI - Donkey Fucker

authors note:
*edit* I changed Lexi's character to Ashley Benson because the previous one (Anna Kendrick) didn't make much sense.... <3 luv u
-------

We had been sitting in total silence for about three minutes before I got out of the car and walked around to the driver side, opening the door.

"Scoot." I muttered, and Lexi maneuvered herself over the e-brake and the clutch, plopping down in the passengers side.

I started the engine and backed out of where we were parked, knowing she drank and couldn't drive properly.

We both sniffed, my hand holding the steering wheel in a tight grip, while I used the other to wipe away my stupid tear stained cheeks.

"I'm sorry, Julia, I'm so sorry," Lexi sobbed the moment I turned the corner.

I turned to look at her a little shocked, to see her absolutely broken, makeup running down her red cheeks, her nose running.

"It's not your fault Lexi, don't blame yourself." I said, voice cracking, forcing myself to concentrate on the road instead of breaking down to cry.

"But it is my fault!" She exclaimed, voice slurring as she turned to me. "You didn't even want to go to that fucking party!"

Suddenly I stepped on the brakes.

"The same thing would have happened if we stayed home." I stated. "Amber planned this, Lexi, she was going to do this either way, and Carter is just a fucking asshole. I don't know what the hell Jack was doing, but I'm pretty sure he would have done it wether I was there or not, so shut the fuck up and stop blaming yourself for the shit Amber does."

The rest of the ride was completely silent, but halfway home she linked our hands together and muttered that she loved me and that I was her best friend in the entire world and that she didn't know what to do without me, reminding me that she had consumed too much alcohol too quickly, making me smile, despite the circumstances.

By the time we got home it was about 11, and I could see there was nobody else home because of the lack of cars.

Lexi and I made our way inside as I locked the door behind us. We walked to the kitchen and she sat at the island while I poured her a glass of water.

"Sober up before you get to bed, alright?" I said, sliding the glass to her. I notice a note on the counter and I picked it up.

Staying over at Gilinsky,
Jack

I frowned. So he made it home before we did. I sighed and poured myself a glass of water to calm my nerves.

I had calmed down quicker than I thought, but my hands were still shaking when I pulled out my phone to dial my brother.

"What did the note say?" Lexi muttered, head in her hands.

"Jack's staying at Gilinsky's." I replied, pressing to call my brother.

He picked up on the third ring.

"Julia?"

JACK'S POV

The moment her name slip out of his mouth I looked up.

I couldn't help but feel absolutely terrified and worried about what was going through her head. Did she hate me? Was she scared of me?

I held my knuckles under running water, hissing when the hard stream almost peeled more skin off, quickly shutting it off.

"He's fine, I guess. How are you doing?" Jack said, walking around with his phone.

My heart literally skipped a beat. Did she ask about me? She asked about me, right? Or did she ask how Carter was doing?

"Fuck." I muttered under my breath, tugging on my hair with my good hand. It wasn't exactly my good hand (I threw hits with both), but it was better than the bloodied and shaking one.

"Don't tell mom and dad what happened, alright?" Jack asked before he hung up with a goodbye.

"What did she say?" I immediately asked, not even sure if I wanted the answer.

"She asked how you were." He muttered, walking up to me and dampening a cloth under the sink before giving it to me. "Press that down on your knuckles."

I did as he said, looking down at my feet while millions of questions ran through my mind.

"You wanna tell me what happened at the party?" Jack spoke up from where he was leaning on the counter, looking at me expectantly with a serious expression.

I felt myself heat up just thinking about it.

"That fucking," I almost growled, feeling the need to break something. I took a deep breath, forcing myself to calm down. "That little donkey fucker was making out with Amber, right in front of Julia." I forced, looking at Jack. "You should've seen her face, JJ."

He sighed and closed his eyes.

"You love her." He muttered, opening his eyes to look at me.

My eyes widened the moment he said it, but I quickly I composed myself. "Of course I love her, she's like my sister."

"You know what I mean," Jack said, his face so serious I didn't even deny it, realizing it was true. "Does she love you?"

I scoffed, "she doesn't even like me," I said softly. "She probably hates me after what I did last night."

Jack stayed quiet and walked up to me to pat my shoulder. I chuckled, shaking my head.

I took off the damp cloth and rinsed it out under the sink.

"What's up with Aunestie, by the way." Jack suddenly asked turning away from me.

"I broke up with her two days ago."

Jack laughed. "So she wasn't even sick, like you said?"

I shook my head with a chuckle, turning off the sink and following him to my room.

"Why don't you tell Lexi how you feel?" I managed, since he was the one constantly interrogating me about my love life.

He turned to look at me. "What are you talking about?"

My eyebrows rose at how good of an actor he was. "Do you think I'm blind, man?"

He didn't even react opening the door to my room, plopping down on a bean bag.

"Apparently," He muttered, not looking at me. "I really have no idea what you're talking about."

If I didn't know any better I would have believe him. I shook my head and fell down backwards on my bed.

"You need to grow a pair, dude." I said, pulling out my phone. "At least I can admit to how I feel."

--------
authors note:
this is short so i'm doing a double update ayy

also pls vote it really helps thank ily