13- facetime

WARNING: strong and mature themes are mentioned in this chapter (not smut) If you feel uncomfortable, you can skip this chapter and message me and I'll tell you what happened in a better way.

"So, what's your connection to this 'Alex Peters'? He's been nonstop messaging me on Instagram." Elizabeth asked, her and Elle had FaceTimed a few times since they've started texting, and today had been on of the most serious discussions they've had.

"Alex? I haven't talked to him in about a year, what's he messaging you about?" Elle had gotten off paused, and was now they were both showing signs of confusion.

"He's asking about your relationship with Tom, wondering what's up. I haven't responded to anything because I didn't know why he cared." She responded, Elle gave off an annoyed sigh.

"Typical, he leaves my life and once I'm finally ready to move on, he decided to return and create hell for me."

"You're ready to move on? With Tom... or just in general?" Lizzie asked.

"I just mean, well, I guess I enjoy how the fans and you guys ship us, if you know what I mean. I might have a thing for Tom, I doubt I'd know until I met him. I just mean how Alex finally decides to care when I show any remote interest in someone besides him." She explained.

"What happened between you two? If it's okay for me to to ask." Lizzie wondered aloud.

"It's fine, some's on the media some isn't. I'll explain it to you in my perspective, okay?"

"As long as you're comfortable with explaining it."

"Yeah, so Alex and I met when I was fourteen, he was sixteen. We met at a mental health campaign. We talked for about a month before he asked me out, yeah I know that's a short time of knowing each other, but he was this 'cool' older boy. He's about two and a half years older than me, so of course my parents were skeptical until they saw how happy I was. I wasn't really in the spotlight until about two years later when I was sixteen. We were never the perfect relationship, he was a singer and model, and I was an actress. Whenever we would see each other, he treated it more like I was a burden for him, which really sucked because I felt like I was doing something wrong and would always try to impress him so he would notice me. I found out that he had been texting some other girls, but he insisted that they were just friends. Stupidly, I believed him. We broke up for about a week, and I did everything I could to try and get him back, and eventually he came back and we dated for about another year. When I was seventeen, he had been over age and we weren't allowed to have sex legally, and I never was comfortable enough to do it with him because I wasn't even sure our relationship was strong and would last," Elle got slightly teary eyes as she told the story.

"If what I thinks about is about to happen, you totally shouldn't t feel pressured to tell me." Liz told her, letting the younger one breath.

"He was drinking with his friends, illegally yes, but it wasn't his first time. I was stupid enough to stay in that relationship when I knew he was doing that stuff, but I was too scared to lose a relationship that I had been in for almost four years. He called me up saying that he was on his way to my apartment, and I allowed it because I didn't want him to be reckless while drunk. I had moved out of my parents because I booked the role in the Originals, so it was just me living with Cara. Cara wasn't home then." Lizzie opened her eyes in realization.

"That's why you can't live alone, don't you live with Callie and Cassie now?" She asked. Elle nodded.

"He knew that too, he wasn't a stupid drunk. I let him in and he started to attack me with kisses, eventually inappropriately touching me. I tried to stop it but he was a lot stronger than me and I didn't want to physically hurt him. I knew he had been wanting sex, and he knew I didn't want it. I eventually started to panic and grabbed the landline that was attached to the wall because I was so scared he was going to force me. The front desk apparently got ahold and heard screaming so the cops were called. Alex was sent to prison for about three months for attempted rape, drunk driving, and underage drinking. He hated me for a few months. We called things off once he went to jail though, close to out four year anniversary." Tears slowly fell down Elle's eyes.

"I'm so sorry, I seriously wish we were together and I want to give you a big hug. You shouldn't have had to go through that." Lizzie sent her a smile, which Elle appreciated.

"In the interview I said I respected him, but that's because our managers and lawyers choose the story of choice for the internet, but I refused to lie. What's on the internet was that he illegally drank and I didn't feel comfortable with that, we then broke up."

gahh!! I'm so sorry but this actually happened to my older cousin and I REALLY wanted to show the importance of this type of thing and thought i could incorporate it into the story.