The Beach

Ok guys so I already wrote this chapter but it was accidentally deleted so I had to re write it thus here it is! Everything is resolved so no worries!

I woke up this morning to Amber jumping on my bed and screaming my name.

"What are you doing here?" I ask as I sit up and groggily rub my eyes.

"Your mom let me in" she says shrugging as she plops down on the end of my bed. "anyway get your bathing suit on we're going to the beach!"

"Who's we?"

"Liz, April, Ash, Cal, Mikey, Luuuukkke" she drags out Luke and raises her eyebrows at me.

I punch her in the arm and jump out of bed. I throw on my teal floral bikini and some jean shorts. Then I quickly brush my teeth and put my hair in a messy bun. I shove some stuff in my beach bag and then Amber and I run downstairs. Liz is waiting by the door.

"Let's go!" she yells.

When we get to the beach, the boys and April are already messing around in the water. Amber runs after them and Liz and I look around in amazement. I notice a small shack further down the beach. One that rents out surfboards. I nudge Liz with my elbow and nod in the direction of the shack. A huge grin spreads across her face and we take off running towards the shack.

listen to Surfboard by Cody Simpson if you want

"Are you guys serious!?" Calum yells at us from back on the shore.

Liz and I are further out in the ocean, sitting on our surfboards. We look back at Calum and nod, giggling. Everyone else is lined up along the shoreline. Each of them with a surfboard at their side and a nervous look on their face. Liz and I insisted we all rent one even though none of them knew how to surf.

I turned back around and stared out at the ocean patiently waiting for a wave. Eventually one came rolling towards us and Liz nodded, obviously letting me have it. I started paddling and when I reached the wave I carefully stood up and steadied myself. I could hear everyone clapping and screaming and I laughed. I closed my eyes for a split second and just let the feeling of surfing take over me. It made you feel like you were flying.

When we first moved to California, the first thing I wanted to do was learn to surf. My dad and Liz agreed and soon we all went surfing every day. My dad stopped after he got in a huge fight with my mom about it. She was always against the idea. Liz and I kept surfing though. One of the last days we were in Cali, my dad, Liz, and I devoted the entire day to surfing. I never thought I'd surf again, until now.

After Liz caught a wave we both jogged back to the others.

"Did you seriously just do that?" Amber yelled.

Liz and I giggled.

"Amber we're from California, we know how to surf"

"Video games, surfing, is there anything you can't do?" Luke asks me.

"Well are you guys coming or what?" Liz says as she jogs off into the water.

Everyone shrugs and runs after her except Luke.

"Are you coming?" I ask him.

"Nah I-I don't think so" I roll my eyes and grab his hand, pulling him into the water. He flinches when I touch him.

"Ok" I start once we are out in the water, sitting on our boards. "surfing is totally easy you just have to get the hang of it." he nods.

Meanwhile, Liz is trying to teach April, Micheal, and Calum at the same time. I glance over at Ashton to see him trying to catch a wave but he fails miserably and wipes out. Amber is sitting on her board, holding her stomach as she laughs at him hysterically. Ashton pops up out of the water and glares at her. Then he dives under Ambers board and flips her off.

"Ashton!" she screams as she falls back into the water. "Jerk!" she wines when her head pops up out of the water. Ashton giggles his signature giggle and splashes Amber which causes a water fight between the two of them.

I grin and look back at Luke who is also staring at them.

"They are so cute" I say, shaking my head.

He laughs. "You know Ashton likes Amber?"

"What?!"

"Yep" he replies "he thinks Amber hates him but I don't think so I mean look at them"

I look back at them to see Ashton lift Amber up onto his shoulder and spin her around.

"Ashton!" she yells as she laughs.

I don't think I have ever seen her smile bigger than she was now.

I smirk as Luke says,

"Don't tell her I said that by the way, Ash would kill me." I nod and bite down on my lip, deciding not to tell Luke Amber likes Ashton because honestly she would kill me too.

Eventually Luke caught a wave. He completely flipped out and it was super adorable. He was so happy he ran up to me and picked me up. I giggled as he spun me around. When he realized what he was doing he set me down and we broke away. He scratched the back of his neck and I heard Calum giggle behind me. Suddenly Amber and Ashton ran up to us. Amber grabbed my wrist and Ashton grabbed Luke's, pulling us away from each other.

"What was that!?" Amber giggles excitedly.

I cross my arms "A friendly hug?"

"That was more than a friendly hug" she scoffs

I roll my eyes. "O yeah then what was that with you and Ashton?"

She glares at me and then takes off in a sprint away from me. I laugh and run after her.

"Guys can we get pizza?" Michael yells

We all groan but eventually give in. I grab a white shirt that I packed in my bag and throw it over my bathing suit. I walk next to Liz as we head over to the Pizza place down the road.

"Soooooooo" she starts and I know that what ever she says is gonna be bad. "you and Luke huh?"

I groan "I don't even like him!"

"Oh please it's so obvious he likes you and you like him"

"Really?" I stop and stare at her

"Yeah! you can tell by the way he looks at you, it's too cute and everyone thinks that- "

"Wait what?"

She giggles and shakes her head as she bounces away.

Huh.

When we get there Luke holds the door open for me and I can hear Amber and Liz giggle behind me yet again as I say thank you and he smirks.

Well two can play at that game.

I sit down next to Ashton and Amber sits next to me.

"You know what" I start "I think I am gonna sit by you Michael, you look lonely over there"

"Uh-" he begins but I walk around to the other side of the table and plop down next to him. Ashton shrugs and scoots closer to Amber. I smirk at Amber as she realizes what I just did and she rolls her eyes at me, but I can see she's holding back a smile.

Eventually the order is April, Michael, me, and Calum on one side of the table and Liz, Amber,Ashton, and Luke on the other.

"Hello and welcome to Russo's may I take your order?" our waiter says as she bounces up to our table.

I look up at Ashton as he says

"What's the Russo's Pizza challenge?"

Uh oh.

Thanks for reading guys! Comment questions here!