You guys circled around the rink a few times, nodding at other skaters on the ice or standing behind the wall. Kaldur slowly felt accustomed to the feeling of blades against the ice. Artemis slowed to a stop and helped Kaldur up from the chair.

To say he was wobbly was an understatement. He nearly took Artemis down to the ice within a few seconds. Lucky for him, Artemis had good balance. She flipped the chair around and took his hands from their death grip on her shoulders and placed them in a death grip on the chair.

"It'll help stabilise you. Just give it a try, okay Kal?" With a ruffle of his buzzed head she skated off to find her speedster boyfriend. Somehow he was trying to incorporate flips into his skating.

Kaldur stared at the chair. Then at the wall. He was in the middle of the rink. No place to go. He tried to reach for the wall, before the blades slid and he returned to his grip on the chair. He swallowed.

"C'mon Kaldur. It's not that hard. Here, I'll help you get started," you said with a smile and gripped the opposite of the chair.

"No, really, I just want to sit."

But he was already moving. You skated backwards, your hips doing a small dance as she moved. Kaldur's legs stayed straight. You tried to get him to move his knees, but they remained locked. You looked up at Kaldur's face. Your smile faltered a little.

"Aren't you having fun?" You asked. You were beginning to doubt your suggestion.

"I don't know how," he mumbled. You raised an eyebrow for a moment before understanding.

"It's like roller blading. Have you ever done that?" You asked.

"Once with Wally."

You smiled and let go of the chair causing Kaldur to slide past you.

"It's like that. Shuffle your feet!" You called after him, smirking

Slowly Kaldur shuffled his feet. It didn't feel like he was going anywhere. He looked to the wall, his goal destination and huffed in frustration when it was only coming in inches. He pushed a little harder on the ground. To his surprise, he slid across the ice faster. Well, he really wasn't, considering the physics of it, but at the moment, he was only focused on not falling on his butt.

"Yea-hah! You're doing it Kal! How does it feel?" Wally asked skating up to him.

"It's weird. And embarrassing. I'm clinging to a chair, like a child." Kaldur pouted.

Wally made a face, mulling over something. "I can fix that."

Before any protests could be made, Wally wrestled the chair out of Kaldur's grip and skated away. He gave a little wave to his friend.

Kaldur stopped dead. Almost. The momentum he had continued to carry him a little further. Experimentally, he moved his legs. He began to glide across the surface. A hesitant smile made its way up to his face.

You moved over. "You're doing great!" You exclaimed, smile nearly as bright as the ice beneath you.

But just as Kaldur was gaining his confidence, a bubble in the ice slipped under his skate. It was small; anyone with a little skating experience would breeze over it. But it was just enough to throw Kaldur's balance and he went down.

His hands flailed and he grabbed your coat as he landed on his back. You landed with a purple oof! on top of him.

Kaldur's face went red with embarrassment to match his coat. You blushed a little pink before pushing off him and sitting on the ice next to him.

Wally and Artemis quickly skated to aid their fallen companions.

"Are you all right? Nothing's broken?" Wally asked, stopping whatever he was doing and skating towards the pair of you.

"We're fine," you answered. "There was a little bump in the ice and Kaldur took a tumble dragging me with."

Kaldur's flush became a deeper red.

Artemis shook her head but offered her hand to you. Wally did the same for Kaldur. Each gripped the respective hands. Kaldur looked at you out of the corner of his eyes and saw a familiar mischievous glint. As Artemis and Wally began to pull the two of you up, you and Kaldur pulled them down.

The reversal of positions left the two of you laughing. It was only a moment before the Wally began laughing as well. Kaldur was still laughing when he slipped again.

You nearly doubled over with laughter at the sight of all three of them on the ice.

Maybe this wasn't such a bad idea after all, Kaldur thought to himself still laughing.

a/n: not the best of pieces but I hope you like it. There wasn't a lot of fluffy moments which I do apologies for.

Also guys!!!! Please read my Tim Drake fanfic, it's called CRY BABY!

Please vote and comment