"What happened?" I asked this time.

"Like any other time, we had to unite with a few other supernatural beings that we knew." Carlisle paused. "A witch from the south joined us with her coven of three and a pack from northern British Columbia assisted a couple of the Volturi guard and me."

"How come none of this is documented?" Bonnie asked, "I had to do some heavy researching to come across something like this."

"Because we all agreed that our alliance shouldn't be mentioned at the time, especially noted that the wolves would soon dispose of our kind without question."

"It doesn't make much sense." I shook my head.

"If it weren't for the wolves and their alpha, we wouldn't have been able to stand against the creature," Carlisle replied, frustrated. "With their heightened senses, they could smell her from anywhere. We would help as the strengths and gifts that we carried. The witches were capable of spells and curses. "

"So how did you guys take her down?"

"Strategy." He replied, "when she attacked, we used one of our guard duplication abilities to throw her off guard just as the pack snuck in to at least injure her. They adapt to the environment around them -she rooted herself to a cave in the Rockies. When she attacked, she faced us with much brutality, taking lives with her. If it weren't for my strengths and one of the witches' wit, we would have never won that battle." He paused for a moment, sitting deep in thought, "I threw her in the path of the monster, and she used an element spell that ended up taking her life as well."

"How the hell did this all happen anyway?" Sam asks, frustrated.

"Now and then, these monsters were created for protection purposes." Carlisle explained, "another experiment gone wrong, one that had almost destroyed us and humanity. Like the one we destroyed, they adapted to their environments, killed everything in its path and cause nothing but havoc. Almost by law, our laws, these things shouldn't be created."

"But if you guys break the imprint, we can avoid all of this?" Sam asked.

Carlisle looked at us expressionless.

"It's possible." Bonnie nodded. "And we could probably put this to the good purpose if we do this right."

"What do you mean?" Carlisle asked.

"You want to transfer the imprint," Sam stated.

We both nodded.

"But how?" Carlisle asked, "and how does this affect my granddaughter?"

"If we do this right, no one will be harmed," Bonnie replied.

"How can you be sure?"

"Because I've done it before." I replied, "from the moment I arrived, I always felt that there was unbalanced energy here, and I thought it was Paul in the beginning. When I broke the imprint, I thought it was complete until he imprinted on me."

"So Paul's imprint on you is a hoax of some sort?" Carlisle asked.

"I thought so at first. But the binds that hold us together are far much stronger than the one before, and just as powerful as the imprint Sam has on Emily." I looked at Sam for a moment. "Just like them, if I were to paint an image, it would be as if we are connected to our mates through our veins -like our bodies were synced."

"Well isn't that how Jacob is connected to Renesmee?" Carlisle asked.

"That I couldn't see," I admitted. "When I came to help Paul -metaphorically, his wolf was practically trapped and chained to Rachel's spirit; with no connection. Once I broke those, they were free, and somehow, his wolf sought me out and made that connection with me instead."