Not long, he came back in his pajama pants and a muscle shirt. He offered to make some hot chocolate while he told me to pick out a movie to watch. The fact that I was tired didn't seem to stop me either; I was looking forward to spending more time with Paul, even if that meant I was too tired to do it.

It took longer than I expected to pick out a movie since he had nothing but old action movies and those of the horror variety. So I settled on an action flick.

He handed me the hot mug before sitting next to me. I didn't expect him to sit close to me, but I didn't say anything. It felt good to feel the heat coming from him, too, which made me wonder if the heat coming from the fire was a bit much for him.

"Does the fire bother you?" I asked.

He shrugged. "Not really. But once it gets hotter, you'll know once I start taking these off." He pulled on his shirt and pants. I probably seemed uncomfortable. "It was a joke."

"Yeah." I chuckled. "Well you can open the window if it does, I don't mind. I can at least warm up where it looks like you guys take a while to cool down."

"Well, I am pretty hot most of the time." He chuckled. "Pun intended."

"Do you all use that joke?" I laughed, "I'm sure that puts a foot in the mouth at times."

"I wouldn't know." He shrugged, "I don't think the other's are hot."

"I don't know," I smirked, "I have to admit that I was looking in the beginning."

"No, you weren't." He sounded so sure, "they were nothing compared to me."

"Conceited?" I took a sip, "not so sure about that."

"Not conceited." He sat up, "just confident."

"Okay, I'll change the subject." I smiled as I placed my mug on the coffee table. The movie had already begun at a low volume. "What about your pack? How did you end up being a part of it?"

"It's not something I joined; it's nothing like a cult." He leaned back.

"I didn't mean it in that way. I just wondered how it all happened to you."

"Well." He placed his hand on my knee; I looked for a moment before he moved it again to the side, "well, I was the third to phase."

"Really? Who was the first?"

"Sam." He continued, "his story on being the first is entirely different from how we all started. Since he is the oldest, he was the first to phase, but that didn't mean he was born alpha. But he was our alpha in the beginning. When he phased, he ran in fear of what he was and disappeared for a couple of weeks. I was too much in my world to even realize any of this. But when he came back, we sure the hell noticed him."

"How?"

"He began to walk around like he owned everything, cocky bastard flaunted everything walking around with his jean shorts and nothing else." He smirked and chuckled nervously. "And he was taller a gained quite a bit of muscle."

"Am I sensing a bit of jealousy?" I teased.

"Hell yeah." He admitted with a laugh, "it was messing with my game at the time, every chick wanted him, but Leah had him at the time. They envied her, and we envied Sam for playing like the idiot and not noticing any of the other girls. But that changed soon when he imprinted on Emily. I thought it was messed up how he was so in love with Leah at the time, and just in a blink of an eye, Emily was his world. Then Jared phased."

"I'm guessing he started flaunting it?" I teased.

"Yeah, and It pissed me off even more because I was his best friend." He continued, "when he phased, he wasn't allowed to talk to me. He abandoned me because of alpha orders, and I was left to myself, pissed off with the world and even more pissed that Jared was the talk of the rez too."