8x08 - Hunteri Heroici

Gas 'N Sip – Day

Sam is talking on the phone while filling the impala. Castiel is leaning against the front of the car. Dean walks out of the store, he removes the tops from two bottles of beer. Dean hands Sam a beer and Sam hands the phone to Dean "Ms. Tran, yeah, hi, uh..." He hangs up and tosses the phone back to Sam. "Tunnel. What's going on in Tran-land?"

"Well, uh, Garth finally got them to his houseboat, but Kevin's having a lot of trouble reading their half of the tablet. So far, bits and pieces. Nothing about boarding up hell"

"Garth has a safe-houseboat?" Dean asks.

"Dude, I don't even ask questions anymore" Sam takes the gas pump out of the impala. Dean walks to the front of the car, where Castiel is reading a newspaper.

"What's the word, Cas?"

"It's a shortened version of my name" She tells him.

"Yes, it is. I meant what's the word on the Word? Any, uh, tablet chatter on angel radio?"

"Oh, I couldn't say. I turned that off"

"You can do that?" Sam asks her.

"Yeah, it's a simple matter of blocking out certain subsonic frequencies. I could draw you a diagram if you want"

"No, that's – we're good. Why'd you flip the switch?" Dean asks her.

"Because it's a direct link to heaven. And I don't want anything to do with that place – not anymore"

"So what now? Move to Vermont, open up a charming B&B?"

"No. I still want – I still need to help people. So..." She smiles "I'm gonna become a hunter"

"Really?" Sam asks surprised.

"Yeah. I could be your third wheel"

"You know that's not a good thing, right?" Dean asks her.

"Of course it is. A third wheel adds extra grip, greater stability. I even found a case. Oklahoma City – a man's heart jumped 10 feet out of his chest. It sounds like our kind of thing, right?"

"She's got a point" Sam tells Dean.

"Excellent" She raps the car and turns away "I'll see you there"

"Wait, Cas, Cas! If you want to play cowboys and bloodsuckers, that's fine. But you're gonna stick with us, okay? None of this zapping around crap. Capiche?" Dean stops her.

"Yeah, I capiche"

"All right, then" Dean walks to the driver's door.

"Can I, uh, at least ride in the front seat?" Castiel asks.

Dean and Sam answers simultaneously, Sam while shouldering Castiel out of the way "No" Dean and Sam get into the front seats. Castiel opens the door behind Sam.

**********

Police Morgue – Day

A body covered with a sheet lies on a table. "Coroner said his heart was ejected from his body. Got some air, too. Found it in a sandbox" the detective informs them.

Sam and Dean are wearing their FBI suits, Castiel her trench coat. "Any idea what happened, detective?" Sam asks.

"A lot of people are thinking drugs, agent Nash – an assload of drugs"

"There are no narcotics in that man's system. His molecules are all wrong" Castiel tells Dean.

"But you don't think that, huh?" Sam asks the detective.