14.

tom's eyes slowly opened, a small groan leaving him. he sat up and ran a hand through his hair, glancing around in confusion. as he got used to the dull light pooling in through the window, he realized he was in tord's bedroom. red rushed to tom's face as he remembered what had happened the night before. clothes were strewn on the floor, his embarrassment only heightening as he spotted his own boxers on the edge of the bed.

"fuck.. tord?" tom looked down at the shirtless norwegian in bed next to him.

tord stirred, eyes opening halfway before closing again. "hm?"

"did we-?" tom stopped himself. "we obviously did." he shook his head, stood up, and quickly slipped back into the clothes from before.

tord turned onto his other side, pulling the blankets over his head and yawning. "don't you have work, babe?"

tom gasped and felt his heart begin to pound. "shit, i do!" he scrambled for his phone, the time reading 8:37 am. "i'm so late! fuck! edd's gonna-" that was when he realized all the messages from matt, guilt hitting him like a train. "godddd..."

tord chuckled quietly, burying his face in the pillow. tom scrolled through the texts, biting his lip. his eyes widened as he noticed the last message matt sent.

matt: i know you wont be @ work today, i'll tell edd you got sick

"thank the lord for matt!" tom grinned, texting a thank you!! before throwing himself back onto the bed. "he's telling edd i'm sick."

"so this means i get to keep you till' 4?" tord asked. tom nodded, sitting up on the bed again. "sweet."

tord sat up as well next to tom, reaching over and having a sip of water from a bottle. tom eyed him and commented, "finally something that isn't alcohol."

"it's vodka, not water."

"of course."

"why don't you drink again, eyeless?" tord asked.

"i.. used to be an alcoholic." tom answered reluctantly.

tord raised an eyebrow. "you're only 19. used to be?"

"uh-huh. i kind of just wanna stay away from drinking until i can get it under control." tom murmured, tugging on the sleeve of his sweater.

"i see. makes sense," he said. "i went to rehab once. one week later, and..." tord lifted the vodka for emphasis. "it's good stuff. helps numb shit, y'know?"

"yeah." tom frowned.

"welp, anyway," tord put down the bottle and stood up, slipping on his boxers and sweats without caring enough to put on a shirt as well. "i think i'm gonna invite amy over."

tom visibly tensed, gaze flicking up to lock with tord's. "..but-"

"what's wrong?" tord narrowed his eyes. his voice had a warning tone to it. "you know i love you, right? didn't i tell you that yesterday?"

"y- you did. you're right, i'm sorry." tom stammered, feeling small under tord's hard glare.

tord's expression turned to one of annoyance. he rolled his eyes and scoffed before trodding out of the room, mumbling, "pathetic."

* * * *

tom sat atop the kitchen counter, watching while tord and amy flirted and hung out on the couch with beers in their hands. he swung his legs silently, lips pursed and feeling left out. i just wanted to spend time with him, he thought.

"tom, baby, get over here!" tord slurred, amy giggling right after. "amy has a questionnn~"

tom hopped off the counter and shuffled towards them. "yeah..?"

amy grinned, her eyes lidding as she leaned the side of her head on the couch and looked at tom. "how's the sex?" they burst out laughing at his look of embarrassment. "wish i could have some~"

tord whistled at her comment and took another swig of beer.

tom bristled, about to speak before amy cut him off by saying, "relaaaax. i'm kidding."

whore. he narrowed his eyes and looked at his boyfriend. "can i talk to you in private?"

"ughh, lame. way to ruin the fun." amy scowled, crossing one leg over the other.

tord rolled his eyes yet stood up anyway. "okay."

tom grabbed tord's wrist, leading the norski to his bedroom. he shut the door and turned to look up at tord.

"i don't like amy. don't you have anyone else to hang out with?" tom questioned in a low tone of voice.

"babe, chill. we're just messing with you."

"i don't like it. i don't trust-"

"i already told you i love you!"

"i know that, tord!" tom felt his frustration begin to bubble up. "but don't you have anything better to do besides flirt with a girl when i'm standing right there!?"

"you act like you were invited!" tord snapped.

tom poked tord in the chest accusingly. "all you do is get drunk!"

"it's my way of coping and having fun at the same time!" he argued, forcefully grabbing tom's wrist and yanking his sleeve down to reveal his cuts. "don't act like you don't have your own way of numbing your emotions."

tom fell silent, his eyes fixed on tord's emotionless face. "i've stopped."

"we'll see." tord scoffed and dropped his arm before leaving the room with a slam of the door.