Bobby Caldwell : What you wont do for love

My friends wonder what is wrong with me
Well Im in a daze from your love you, see

*****

Time: 6:15

Place: Ritz-Carlton Hotel

-Omniscient-

Nasir sat in the living room of the suite staring at the wall in complete numbness. He couldn't feel anything at the moment, all he could do was reminisce what Kairo had said to him.

'She's only been gone for a little while'

One year, 3 months, 5 days, 2 hours, 3 minutes, 5 seconds, that Lani had been missing from Nasir's life but who was counting.

Aubrey stood at the door too scared to move. Ezio and Elio stood behind her with their guns silently and so did everyone around the room. Nobody noticed Aubrey until she tried to slip away and ended up tripping on the carpet.

"Sorry." She mumbled embarrassed with tears in her eyes from all the bottled up fear. Everyone ignored her and put all of their attention back on Nasir but his attention was now averted on Aubrey.

He stared blankly at Aubrey's Clumsiness. The way she tried to regain herself on the floor and tried cooling her knees down from the carpet burn just reminded him more of Lani.

"Fuck." Aubrey cursed before crawling away trying to avoid the set of eyes she felt on her.

"Nas, you good?" Pryce said finally breaking the awkward silence that filled the room. Nasir turned and faced Pryce with a blank look.

"Yeah." He stated before he grabbed his phone off of the coffee table and left.

***

Time: 10:50

Place: RidgeWood High

It was a Monday morning at RidgeWood High and the halls were busy and loud as usual. Aubrey walked down the halls with her headphones in her ears and a frown on her face. Not only was the weekend trash but so was a Monday morning at school.

As she neared her locker she saw Shakur leaning on it waiting for her. She didn't acknowledge him nor did she take out her headphones to hear what he had to say. She just put the code in as if he weren't there.

"Aubrey." Shakur said with a sigh. Aubrey grabbed her books from the stop shelf of the locker and slammed the door shut before storming off down the halls. Shakur irritably followed after.

"Aubrey." He said again now ready to knock her head off of her shoulders. Aubrey's headphones weren't up that loud so she heard Shakur call her name. She huffed, turned off her music, and snatched her headphones out of her ears.

"What" she turned around and snapped. Shakur frowned at her sudden outburst before he spoke.

"I was calling you all yesterday. Why yeen' answer?"

Aubrey scoffed and rolled her eyes as she looked at Shakur with the evident attitude on her face.

"Nigga fuck you! We spent a whole fuckin' weekend together and you ain't say shit to me! And now you wanna talk? Get the fuck out my face!" Aubrey turned around and stormed off stuffing her headphones in her pockets. Shakur sighed and walked up to Aubrey grabbing her shoulder and forcibly turning her around.