She sighed, dropping her chin down again. "I...I used to be a...a," her lip trembled. Feeling bad, I moved over to her and put an arm around her shoulder.

"A?" I prodded gently.

"A scientist," she finished. I nodded encouragingly even though she was looking at the wall, not at me. "I pre...preformed a couple experiments an..and th...they wer...n't completely l-legal." She hiccuped like she was going to cry. I pulled her into a hug.

"It's okay, you don't have to say anymore."

She continued anyway. "I...I h...hurt some....one. I didn't mean to b..but no one believed me." A tear slipped down her cheek.

I rubbed her shoulder. "I believe you."

She laughed a tiny, sad laugh. "Th...thank..I g-guess."

We sat together in silence until I decided to lighten her up and asked about her and Undyne. Her mood immediately picked up. It turns out they knew each other since grade school. They've been so close for so long it sounded like they had come out of the same womb. Undyne was defiantly like a sister to Alphys. Her stutter disappeared when she spoke of good times between the two of them.

I loved hearing about her and Undyne's lives together but in a way it was nostalgic. It reminded me of all the times I wished Chara and I were like that. I would chase after her as a little kid, try to be part of her crowd, do any stupid, endangering thing she asked me to do, all so she would love me.

One time, when she and her friends were drunk, I came to pick her up. She clambered into Mom's car, hammered and about ready to heave. But her eyes glittered like the stars in the sky above.

"Heyyyy Frisky," she slurred. "You know whadda be fuunn?" She swayed drunkenly as if a strong breeze were blowing her around.

"Going home and getting you cleaned up?"

"Noooo," she giggled. "Silly giirll. No wonder Mommy doesn't luve you. It would be so much easier if you were funnn."

I put the car into drive and sighed. Hurt ran through my heart like a spear but determination pulsed in my veins. "Alright Chara. What would be fun?"

What happened afterward....was not worth Chara's love. Ad it defiantly didn't earn Mother's.

"F..Frisk? You look sad." Alphys placed a paw on my shoulder.

"Sorry Alphys, I was thinking about home."

"Let's get o..out of h..here," she said taking my hand. I was grateful she said that because the heat combined with the memories made the closet a smothering place to be. It was like sitting in a hot sauna, wondering if the heat outside or the pain inside was going to kill you.

She led me out into the cell hall and we sat down in front of the closets. Leaning against the wall, I observed the hall. The emergency lights were beginning to flicker and dim. The halls now had more shadows and the cell doors no longer looked like doors but dark pools of ink.

I sighed, wishing G was sitting next to me. Somehow my fear seemed to fade around him. It was like he was the emergency light I needed.

I chuckled to myself. How did I fall into this with the darkest criminal in the prison? Somehow, I ended up with feelings for the big, bad wolf himself...and maybe he had feelings for me to...the little sheep.

Alphys flicked some curious glances my way but I didn't comment on them. We waited in the dark hall, listening for our friends to come back.

They didn't for a long time. In fact, it had been so long that Alphys had gone back in the closet and fallen asleep.

I was about to do the same when I heard the click of heavy footsteps on the concrete floors. They were distant sounding but I stood up and ran into the closet anyways. Shaking her shoulder, I told her what I had heard.

She shushed me and we both listened. The footsteps had now been accompanied by voices as well.

The deep rhythm of G's voice contrasted sharply against Undyne's louder, angrier one. They were fighting again.

I leaned against the wall, waiting for them to step into sight. Alphys stood next to me, her back abnormally strait and her skin pale again. She clasped her hands in front of her to keep them still.

I frowned and looked out anxiously but the moment they stepped into sight I wished I had closed my eyes.

I stared in horror at G, Gaster, and Undyne were covered from head to toe in scarlet blood. It was spattered against their jumpsuits like paint and it covered their faces like makeup. G seemed to have indulged in the worst of it, the dark red contrasting piercingly against his stark white bones in unquenchable amounts. The big, bad wolf himself.

I gasped audibly but none of them heard it because of how loud they were fighting.

"You let them get away! You were supposed to kill everyone! We can't go back there now!" G shouted at Undyne. Sickness and guilt churned in my stomach.

"I did. He was on your side! Why didn't you kill him?"

"I was busy," G answered, bloodlust evident in his voice.

"We shouldn't have gone there in the first place. We should have let them search it and think we weren't there before! Not go on a murdering rampage," she screeched back.

"You're both idiots," Gaster muttered.

"Oh yeah? And what were you doing warden?" G drawled. "That was the most pathetic thing I've ever seen."

"You mean besides your girlfriend?" Gaster snapped. I felt my heart freeze in my chest.

Undyne stopped dead in front of them and folded her arms in front of her chest. "Excuse me? You had better not be talking about Frisk." She stared down the both of them.

Gaster smirked. "I am."

"I'm going to kill you," G said to Gaster just as Undyne said it to G. They're yelling got even louder but I couldn't listen anymore.

I turned on Alphys. "You knew about this?" I asked, the hurt audible in my words. Alphys looked down at the ground with sudden interest.

I felt betrayed by all of them, not just Alphys. With the image of crimson blood in my mind, I spun on my heal and marched into the closet, slamming it behind me.

"Awe....Your girlfriend's mad," I heard Gaster sneer.

"Shut up," both G and Undyne shouted, enraged.