Chapter 51

Bens POV:

i was walking through the streets of New York, aiming to find my hotel, i often would have trouble finding it when  i needed to. I had my ear buds in, listening to my favorite songs. A news paper in my hand and in the other was a coffee. 

New york had just awoken, and was starting its busy day. I was a small dot, continuously walking, and looking for my father. i imagines him, at a pub, with a beer in front of him. his eyes sunken in and wearing his white button down shirt, crinkled and unbuttoned. 

i had looked everywhere. everywhere he could be, i went to all of his favorite spots, looked in all of central park, even went to the metropolitan museum, which he hated. it was like he had vanished. almost like he was forgotten.

i rounded a corner and finally saw my hotel come into view, the round down building next to it served at a  marker for me. i walked up to the lobby and smiled at the girl at the front desk. she returned my smile and shuffled a few papers on her desk. i headed up the stairs and found my room. 

i inserted the key card and heared the familiar click.

i pushed the door open and sighed, my room was clean small, but the perfect sized for me. a bed was positioned in the middle of the room, my huge suit case was on the small desk. clothes were leaking out of it. i shoved my coffee onto the table and rubbed my forehead. my mind was buzzing, i was developing a headache and it wasnt even nine o'clock yet.

i remembered telling Elsa i would call her so i pulled out my phone and clicke puse on my music. she was on speed dial so all i had to was click one. she picked up on the first ring.

"ben i have to tell you something" she whispered into the phone.

"what is it?" 

"i found fern, at safeway. i brought her back to the hotel and called the police. shes been throwing up. they tested her and shes pregnant."

"WhAT?" i shouted in disbelief.

"shes freaking out, im trying too calm her down, remind her of her options, but she keeps saying " i love him i love him" i dont know what to do anymore."

"dont let her out of your sight, im coming back" i said gathering my stuff.

"No! ben- you have to stay in New York, to find your dad. i can handle it. please" 

"i need to make sure Fern isnt going to do somthing drastic."

"we have security here, we are safe."

i let out a breath of relief. then sat down my the bed and put my head in my hand.

"i miss you" i said and felt tears surface.

"i miss you too" she said, her voice straing. i could tell she was trying to keep up a stong front.

"im so close to going back" i said.

"i know..but babe, this was your idea. and im doing good, excpet for being lonely. and having flashbacks and a constant reminder that steve is possibly coming to find me, and i havent washed my clothes in two weeks, also i keep eating junk food.  i really need to switch to a healthier diet-"

"i love you." i interupted.

"i love you to" she said into the phone quietly. i could her muffled sobs coming from the other line, elsa took a breath and said: "ferns having a panic attack, I'll call you later."

"ok Lovely" i said and waited for her to say goodbye.

"giving you a kiss over the phone." 

i smiled and hung up, knowing she had to go and try to calm fern down. i stood and grabbed my coffee, realizing i had the whole day to try to find my dad.