Chapter 34

Elsa's POV:

I couldn't remember anything about last night, all I could recall was Ben and me falling asleep on the couch and him breathing deeply.

What had he said? That he had found me in the creek?

"No way" I said quietly to myself.

I grabbed a handful of both of our clothes and stuffed it into the big suit case.

I could hear Ben thumping around looking for his computer.

"It's in the closet babe" I called out and as he reinterred the room I felt a little afraid of him, his eyes wandered to the closet and he yanked the door open.

An hour later Ben had booked a flight that leaves in three hours.

We grab our bags and jump in my car, him holding his phone and breathing out short and anxious puffs, and me holding my purse and feeling a little nervous.

"Elsa. I wish you would just admit to it"

I paused In My breathing daring him to speak again.

"You think I'm forgetting this? I swear to you I was never out if the guest house last night."

He sighed and looked out the window feeling frustrated I pulled my phone out if my bag and checked my messages. one from my friend Cathy and one from my...father?

"Eyes on the road elsa" Ben scolded.

I snapped my phone shut and sent him a glare.

"So where is our plane going?" I asked not sure where we were headed today.

"Oregon"

"Where in oregon?"

"Portland"

I nodded and focused on driving.

What seemed like eternity passed and we were at the airport.

"Elsa let me carry the damn suit case." Ben pleased as I lugged the suit case towards the check in.

"I can carry it you prick" I snarled and instantly felt bad, he hugged and took the suit case out of my hands.

I felt difficult.

"Elsa god dammit can you just be a little bit agreeable?"

I shook my head and smirked knowing I could make this a very difficult plane ride.