7.

Nicola Capone

   I don't thing Luca knows. But what if he does though? Do I look like I'm questioning my sexuality? Is it really that obvious?

   Everyone knows I like girls, literally everyone. I mean, it makes sense that the new guy is the one to notice, but damn, does he have a gay radar?

   Suddenly I feel a pinch in my arm and I get out of my thoughts and mixed feelings to look up at the teacher.

   "Are you not interested in my class, Capone?" Mr Di Tella asks me and I gulp.

   "Not much, actually." I say and he raises a questioning eyebrow.

   "Oh really? Then why don't you look up for information about the Second World War in the detention room after school?"

   Asshole.

   "What? I was just a bit off!"

   "This is not the first time you don't pay attention to my class, Capone, and I've been waiting for the next one to finally get you punished."

   "Great." I sigh and the teacher walks away.

   "What a cool way to manage the situation." Luca whispers beside me and I look at him. "How much time is detention here?"

   "An hour and a half." I sigh and I let my head fall in the table, feeling the most miserable being in this entire planet.

   "Could be worse." He says and then shrugs.

   "Well, yeah." I nod and he smiles starting to write down some notes.

   "Hey, huh, can you send me a picture of those after school?" I ask him and he chuckles quietly.

   "What about you copy them yourself now?" He tells me and I flip him off.

   "Thanks man, I appreciate it." I say sarcastically.

   (...)

   I swear I hate detention.

   The empty, dusty and locked room was only filled by three tables with their respective chairs, a black board, and a spider far up in the right corner of the ceiling. Shit I hate this.

   It has only been ten minutes since my time here started, but I swear they go by like hours.

   All of a sudden, the door swings open and Mr Di Tella comes in with another guy.

   "You have company, Capone. But both of you better have the exercises done when I come back once your time is over, if not, you'll stay here for one more hour." And then he storms out.

   Gladdly, I had done the exercises during maths and italian.

   "Well, well, well. Nicola Capone, nice to see you here."

    "Tyler." I greet him and he takes a seat beside me.

    Tyler is known for selling drugs in the school hallways, and let me tell you, that is the only reason why he's invited to parties. The guy is a creep.

   He takes a weed cig out of his pocket and after making sure that there aren't any teachers around he lights it.

   "Why are you here?" I ask him while he inhales the smoke.

   "The physics teacher found my cigarettes." He says simply and I raise an eyebrow.

   "Weed?"

   "Nicotine." He answers and I sigh. "Yeah, don't worry Capone, I'll take the weed to Matteo's party tonight."

   "Sweet." I smile and he hands me the cigarette.

   "Wanna share?" He looks at me and I take it from his hands, putting it on my lips.

   "You know? I had never realised how cute you are." He spats out and I choke on the smoke.

   "Dude, what the fuck?"

   "You heard me, Capone." He shrugs and takes the cigarette again.

   "You get high way too fast to be the one selling this shit."

   "I'm not high yet." He mumbles and I take my head back with my eyes closed.

   "Whatever you say."

   Why is everyone involving me in gay remarks lately? Yeez.

   "You could do a power top." He says after a few seconds.

   "I don't even know what that is." I actually do.

   "Don't lie, Capone, we all know about your American affair back in July."

   After hearing those words my eyes get wide open.

   "What did you just say?" I look at him and he laughs.

   "Relax, babe, it was a joke. I'm the only one who knows."

   "Don't call me babe." I say. "And how in hell do you know that?"

   "Collin is my cousin." He smiles and I groan. "So when he called me to narrate how hot this guy he hooked up with is, I just had to ask for detail. And I don't think Nicola Capone is a common american name".

   "Please don't tell anyone." I tell him and he shakes his dead no.

   "Don't worry, I'm not gonna force you out of the closet. Not yet at least."

   "You better keep your mouth shut."

   "I'll try my best, but you know what people say about drunks and kids, they always tell the truth. Let's hope nothing spills tonight when I've had a couple of drinks."

   I bit at the inside of my cheeks and just spend the rest of my detention drawing on the table.