Chapter 2

Over the past few weeks, Loki had noticed that usually no one left 5654 Post Hill Street at nighttime, but it's residents must be getting too confident for their own good.

Moonlight shone off of the young girl's sleek black hair as she left the safety of the squat yellow building for the warm evening air. There she was, his new target. It would so easy to take her power now, as she struggled with the water hose, but where was the elegance in that? Besides, in order for his plan to work flawlessly it would need to happen in one big, dynamic blow, and for that, he would need some backup.

So, for now, he would just get a closer look.

As he got closer and she still hadn't noticed him, Loki began to grow frustrated with her utter lack of a brain. How on earth could she be related to the extremely clever and ferocious girl that had taken all of his power from him? No, that wasn't the real question. The question was how did he get beat by a young, inexperienced girl in the first place-

Okay. He needed to stop it. He had been doing this way too often. Ever since Aubrey had taken his powers, he had been on edge, short tempered, always going off on rants in his head-

Thump!

Loki looked down to see Lola stumble as his upper arm rammed into her shoulder. Apparently, he had been too lost in his thoughts to realize how close he was to the girl. Quickly, he lowered his head, casting his face into shadow and looked into her black eyes that were flickering with a dull flame, so very unlike Aubrey's, which were always lit up in a wild fiery blue.

"Watch it," she said, her voice shaking behind her confident words. Aubrey was always much better at hiding her fear.

"Oh, sorry, I'll watch out from now on," he promised as he walked away, and he felt a smile grow on his face as he realized the fact that she had no idea exactly how closely he would be watching.

* * *

Loki had been unwise to avoid asking for the help he needed for as as long as he did, but the people he had to ask were not exactly his biggest fans. And, not only that, but both of them were absolutely ferocious when they wanted to be, as well as supremely cunning.

As he sat in the darkness of an old building's shadow, he began mustering up the courage to face them, which was very hard for Loki, as he had never had much courage to begin with. Taking a deep breath, he peeked around the corner, his hands resting on the grimy brick wall, and he saw them: two figures cast in shadow. One towered over the other, with movements that were clumsy, yet strong, as if he didn't know his own strength. The other was considerably smaller, though she moved with a certain grace and precision that reminded him of a lioness on the hunt. Even watching her silhouette from this distance brought him back to the time he spent with her. At first, this gave him an aching feeling that came with missing the "good old times," that is, until remembering how he left her alone to care for the results of their mischiveious behavior made him cringe.

Finally, though he was sure these were some of the last people who would want to help him, Loki figured that standing here doing nothing was rather pointless, and he stepped out from his protective shadows into the light.

Both of the figures looked up in suprise, and Loki dearly wished that their faces were not shrowded in darkness so he could see their expressions. Waiting to see their reactions was killing him.

The woman joined him in the faint light of the street, her dark auburn hair still sheilding her face from him, her small hands clenched in fists. The shadowy figure behind her stepped forward, placing his hand on her shoulder, his face finally illuminated to reveal a hairy fourteen-year boy with a face riddled with pimples. "What are you doing here, Loki?" The woman whispered, "I find it hard to beleive that you have come to help raise Fenrir."

Loki chuckled, "oh how I've missed you, Angrboda."

A/N:

Guys, I am so sorry for the late update. I will try to write fairly regularly, but college life is busy so please don't hate me... Also, you should totally tell me how you feel about this chapter! I love hearing your opinions!