A lost puppy

It starts off like a normal day, Myrtle and I sit on the couch, watching TV or helping her with her homework. Yes, I signed her up for the closest school, but turns out this was one of those really smart kid academies and was way too above Myrtle level. I mean, she was 10. My baby was in the 4th grade and they were asking her to find the slope of a triangle and divide it my pi. She barely knew how to multiply and she has to learn about pi? I ended up hiring an in-home teacher to go over the normal 4th grade math. She's already accepted that she will most likely retake the 4th grade.
   I was sitting there, when a very similar event occurred. knock, knock, knock. 'If its the FBI again I swear to god..' I murmured to myself, walking to the door and opening it. Suddenly, A strong pounce is felt on my chest, causing me to step back a little.
   "Hello!! My name is Riley!! I'm really cute!! Lookie at what I can do!!" a energetic little girl! Not just a girl though.. A dog!! A golden retriever girl to be exact. She jumps out of my arms and jumps onto the group and starts to roll over, jump, and do all sorts of tricks.

Until Myrtle throws her binder at her.

   "ITS ANOTHER BREE!! SHE'S CRAZY!! RUN DAD RUN" Myrtle jumps, standing on the couch, holding her notebook in front of her face. Riley looks at Myrtle, her face of confusion turning into excitement once more.  "WoAh!! Are you a cAT!?! BORFBORFBORFBORF" Riley's dog begins to show as she runs in circles and jumps on the couch, licking her and trying to play with her. Myrtle's face is painted with pure disgust, I can't help but laugh.
   I turn around at the door and see a letter on the doormat. I pick it up and open the envelope, reading the letter inside.

     Hello. I'm sorry but I am leaving yet another one with you. I saw your little Myrtle at her school. She used to belong to me but I couldn't take care of her, but I tried to keep Riley to keep the amount of work minimal. As I saw how well she looked since last time I saw her, I feel like you can keep another. Thank you.

     I try to look for a name but theres not one to be found, I then look outside to look for someone who might've dropped her off, but I couldn't find anyone. I turn around and look at the two. Myrtle still looks disgusted as Riley attempts to play with her. I smile.
      "Riley." I say, both of their heads turning to look at me. Riley's tail stops wagging. "Welcome to the Family." I say, holding out my arms for a hug. Riley's tail rounds up once more, wagging intensely as she runs to me and pounces into my arms. Myrtle blinks, grabbing her binder, and turning to look at me and Riley. She turns her head and pouts, returning to her homework.