Myrtle starts School

Myrtle and I sit in the living room, watching one of her shows. As I watch the scenes of the young girl going to school, I look down at Myrtle and see a gloomy look painted across her face. "Whats wrong, hun?" I ask, rubbing her head, lightly ruffling her hair. She shrugs and says in a soft voice "Nothing dad... I'm fine." I blink in disbelief. I later realize, after that event being on my mind, that Myrtle needs to start going to school since it's kind of illegal for her not to be having any form of education. I go to the computer and search different elementary schools.

      "Myrtle! C'mere sunshine!" I call out to her, hearing the little tip taps of her feet run to my room. "Yes?" she asks, tilting her head. I smile and reach into the package I received, pulling out the beige uniform with the school's logo stitched in. "Monday is your first day of school." Myrtle's face lights up, yanking the uniform from my hands and squealing all the way to her room. I can't help but smile.

         On Monday, I wake up normally, walking to the living room to see Myrtle at the door, in her uniform, and with her bag. "Let's goo!!!!" she groans, jumping in place. "We don't have to go yet, the late bell is in 15 minutes.. the school is o-" before I can even finish my sentence she starts to yell. "ONLY 15 MINUTES?!? NONONO, WE GOTTA GO NOOOOOOOOOW." She grabs my wrist and starts running on the sidewalk. I stand stiffly, stopping her in her track. "Wrong way Myrtle." I start walking the other way, holding her hand. 

         We end up getting there within 5 minutes. I chose the closest school. I give her a kiss on her forehead and she runs into the campus, turning her head and waving goodbye. I smile and wave back, walking back home.