Whoops

You woke up at 3 am to hear rustling in the kitchen. Of course this is going to startle you because you have to protect your child from any harm. You get up and bravely stomp into the kitchen expecting to see a large bulky robber to go against you, an averaged height skinny little twig. You were shocked to see Myrtle running around the kitchen like a maniac. All around you are pots and pans covering the floor, the sink is about to overflow and you even see a few broken dishes. "Myrtle? What are you doing?!" You ask, extremely annoyed. "O-Oh!! Uhhrmm..." She silently stands there, not saying anything. "Was there a reason?" You raise your voice slightly. Myrtle points to the cookie jar. "I wanted one.." she quietly replies, looking down in guilt. 

         At the time being, since it was 3 am, you weren't able to completely contain your anger towards Myrtle. "All this for a cookie?! Go to your room!!" you accidentally yell at her, being tired and all, pointing at her room. Myrtle had never heard you go extremely mad, so this startled her. Her eyes begun to tear up slightly, doing a walk of shame to her bedroom. You sigh and begin cleaning up around the kitchen.

       After a hour and a half, you cleaned up the kitchen. You look at the clock to see it is 4:30 am. You begin to walk back to your room when you hear slight sobbing. It's coming from Myrtle's room. 'How long has she been crying?' you  thought to yourself, 'Was I too rough on her..?' You stare at her door for a bit. You decided to try and comfort her. You knock on her door. She opens the door, her eyes line with red where she had been rubbing the tears from her eyes. 

      "I-I'm sorry Dad..." She apologizes, hugging you before you can say anything. "It's okay sunshine, next time, you need to wait til morning. You made Dad go through a lot of work for just a cookie darling.." You kiss her forehead and rub the remaining tears from off her face. "I'll give you a cookie in the morning, you need some more rest." You stand up and hold her hand, guiding her and tucking her into bed. "I love you." Myrtle says softly, looking up at you. You smile softly, "I love you too."