[NOTICE]: This is a shortened mini-chapter. I've been crunching for time lately, so this chapter is a shortie. That's okay, though! It still very much progresses the plot at a speed I feel comfortable working with.
—————————————————-

Y/N's POV
Word Count: 849

     I couldn't wrap my head around Max. One minute I was dirt to him, and the next he tried to care. At this point, I didn't care what he was saying. I just wanted to finish crying. "What do you even mean? Why are you even talking to me!", I questioned. It was like he wasn't even there, though. Every time I opened my eyes, it was black. The only thing to see were the pillows smashed into my face.
     Slam! A thousand shards hit the ground. He broke a window. I shot up to see Max sitting on the ground, shaking. Max's face had a reddish tint. On the ground laid a broken picture frame and a sideways desk chair. "Max, why-"
     "Shut the Hell up!", he screamed. I blanked. What do I do? The corners of my lips kept twitching, but I had stopped crying. Without even realizing, I had fallen silent. "The one time I try to help you, you decide to be a bitch about it!"
     I hadn't done anything wrong. Aside from those last two sentences, I didn't know where I screwed up. "I-I'm sorry..." I wasn't really sorry because I knew I didn't do anything wrong. "I can always just go.", I whispered. "I-I'll tell David I broke it."
     Max didn't say anything. He just stared at the ground. I walked over to the picture frame. It was a picture of David as a kid at Camp Campbell, and it featured another kid his age. The other kid looked very retro and wore yellow over purple with weird geometric shapes. It had to've been from the 80s, maybe 70s. The 80s could've been about right, if David was currently somewhere around 25 to 30.
     "Well if 'you broke it', you can be the one to clean it.", Max ordered. I didn't want to answer to a boy who I could probably just beat up with no problems, but at the same time, I've never fought anyone before, and I was sort of wimpy. "Clean it, bitch."
     That was it. The last straw. You can't just call me that and get away with it. That's wrong. "Excuse me?", I challenged. I didn't want to start a fight, but I was sick of Max constantly disrespecting me. Someone had to do something about it.
     "Wouldn't say that if I were you.", Max replied. He hadn't raised his voice. It was odd. He was void of emotion. I couldn't tell if he wanted to fight me, or if he felt like he had to, or maybe something else altogether. What do I do if he starts throwing hands? Realistically, there's no way I could defend myself, he's probably stronger.
     "Don't call me that, Max.", I asserted. "Don't call anyone that." I couldn't understand where he would've learned to talk like that from. It had to have been his parents, but I still blamed him. At fourteen, you should have the willpower to be someone other than what you were taught. And, quite honestly, I was so sick of how Max was constantly disrespecting me.
"Don't call you what?", Max teased. He had a little smirk start to pull at the corners of his mouth. His mood, at some point, had changed to something more playful rather than serious. "Don't call you what?"
I didn't really want to say it. I wasn't a big fan of that part of my vocabulary. It wasn't a very nice word. "Max, you know what!", I fumed. I just couldn't wrap myself around why Max acted like this. "Max, this isn't even a joke anymore. I'm getting David." As I walked out the door, I accidentally let a little something slip. "Can't believe I ever thought I liked you."
"Wait!", Max ordered. He ran up to me and grabbed me by the arm with a strong force. He latched on and dug his fingers into my skin. Why are you doing that? "You what?" I stayed silent, shaking.
"I nothing.", I corrected. I was trembling. I looked to where Max had latched onto me. My arm was shaking. My stomach was as light as a feather. "P-Please, let go of me!"
"Ha!", Max laughed. "You sound just like my Mom!"
Finally, it clicked.
__________________________
A/N - Hey guys! Welcome back from chapter six! Wow, in the course of only two days, a lot has managed to happen at Campbell. But, then again, loads of events are packed into a single day during the show, anyways. So, I feel like I'm doing an okay job of keeping the realistic feel of everything here. The only character I'm playing up is Max, but remember, in the fanfic he is fourteen. At fourteen, his emotions will be even more unstable than what they were at ten, during the show. ☁️

 ☁️