Chapter 13 - New Year's Gathering... AGAIN. Pt2

Start from the beginning

"Y'know, I used to take art classes," I mutter.

"I used to play soccer," Josh mutters back.

"Yeah? Well I'm a writer now," I say back.

"I'm a waiter," Josh murmurs.

"Pfft, what? You don't even like people," I slur.

"It's you who doesn't like people," Josh fires back.

"Ouch," I say sarcastically, suddenly getting pissed off at the loud music. "Y'know, I didn't even want a party here."

"That's because you don't like people," Josh murmurs and I laugh a little, smiling at the coffee table before us.

"I just don't like the mess that people bring," I answer, dropping my lemonade on the carpet. Shit, I'm gonna pay for that when I'm sober.

"People don't make mess-" Josh starts, but then I roll my head in his direction and give him a 'bitch, please' look. "Oh."

I put a hand to my head and grab a fistful of hair. "Why'd you do this?" I ask.

"Do what?" Josh asks.

"Throw your party here," I answer.

"Why'd you lie to me?" He replies.

"I didn't lie to you," I say, as if he's just said that I told him to dive into a pit of piranhas.

"Yes, you did. You said you were sick and you're clearly not. Why'd you lie to me?" Josh presses.

I sigh and pinch my nose bridge. The main reason? Pinkie Pie. I hope she's okay. But what do I tell Josh? He's my only friend, but I met him a few months ago. "It's complicated," I mutter, crossing my arms and staring at the floor.

"No, tell me," Josh insists.

"I can't tell you," I half yell, turning away from him.

"Why not?" He starts.

"You wouldn't understand," I say a little too soon.

"What wouldn't I understand?" He hisses.

"Josh, really, shut up!" I growl through gritted teeth.

This guy is really pushing my buttons. "Not until you tell me what's going on, maybe I could help you," Josh half shouts.

I stand up, and so does he. "You can't help me, you'll ruin everything!" I yell.

"So you admit it?" He asks.

"What? Admit what?" I hiss.

"You need my help," He replies.

"No! Look, you're making things even more difficult than they already are," I spit, walking away.

"What things are difficult?" I hear over my shoulder. Oh great. He's following me.

"Keeping a secret," I say through grit teeth.

"Look, I just want to help," Josh says, following me upstairs.

"You can't help!" I shout, storming into my room which, thankfully, doesn't have people making accidental babies in my bed. I turn around to slam my door, but and stopped midway by Josh's strength on the other side. "Go away!" I shout.

"No!" He yells back. I push harder, trying to close the door, but Josh just isn't giving up. Somehow, I manage to close the door and lock it. Josh bangs his fist on the door. "Let me in!" He yells.

"Never!" I holler, leaning pointlessly against the door.

There is no noise except for the loud music and insignificant people in the background, and for a minute there, I actually thought he was gone. But no. No, he's not. "Look, just let me in," He calls.