[ VLD ] ⌁ RAYNE ✔️

ORIGINAL OC CREATED SEPTEMBER 2016

⊱ ──────ஓ๑ ⌘ ๑ஓ ────── ⊰

NAME | Charlotte Arkania Rayne
NICKNAME | Char, Ms. Rayne
AGE | 24 (at time of departure from earth)
SPECIES | Human
HOME PLANET | Earth

FACECLAIM | Amanda Seyfried

PERSONALITY | Charlotte is a leader at heart, willing to give her life for any member of the team

PERSONALITY | Charlotte is a leader at heart, willing to give her life for any member of the team. She is a strong minded and stubborn young woman with the attitude that can become more of a character than she wants it to be .
she struggled to find her place on the team , not being a paladin and then again not being an altean made it rather hard .
yet she was a talented pilot and showed this through piloting escape pods and at only two points, the black lion itself when her fiancé vanished . yet she refuses to pilot it anymore with his return.

BACKSTORY |
After knowing each other since they were in high school, Charlotte and Shiro maintained a close relationship that eventually led to them declaring they were dating at age 17. They maintained their relationship during their garrison days and after, sticking at each other's side.  She was also one scientists at the monitors when Shiro and the Holts were abducted. She became obsessed about finding them and figuring out what happened to them, due to the fact she and Shiro were engaged just days prior before he left. While her work as a teacher at Garrison kept her busy, she and the daughter of the Holt's would venture to find some way to bring their boys home. That is, until, Shiro found them.
during the time after shiro disappeared, and then returned, she grew apart from him, feeling he was so much more different. she knew something was wrong and she became rather distant , not feeling a proper connection between the two . the two called off their engagement and broke up around the time of season four. this left both charlotte and Shiro lost at points , but for charlotte's safety she had to get away from him, for reasons that she could tell no one other than Lance.
yet when Shiro was turned and taken control of by haggar, Charlotte was kidnapped along with Lotor. she was the closest one they had beside keith and a good target to get Keith to follow. after the deadly fight they successfully rescued the body and killed kuron, but at the cost of the unborn child Char didn't even know she held .
Due to the fact she was unconscious and refused to pilot black any further, she was unable to see shiro in the astral realm like keith had been able to
yet when he was finally returned to his body, she was more overjoyed than ever before . she had him back.

QUOTE | "Just because our path is different than we planned, it doesn't mean we lost."

THEME SONG | breath of life : florence and the machine

LOVE INTEREST | takashi 'shiro' shirogane

| TRIVIA |
• her intelligence had been discovered at age 11 when she scored higher on a 9th grade test than even the 9th graders
• while given the opportunity to be at the garrison, her plans to head into space were foiled when the rest of the team decided that only three pilots were necessary on Kerberos.
• she ditched her pilot training and learned the teaching to become a mechanical teacher at the Garrison.
• she and Shiro share a room, which means if he tries to take the right side of the bed, he's actually gonna get pushed off.
• she calls him 'ashi'
• she taught Lance, Keith, and Hunk at some points, knowing each of them. Pidge was already known beforehand. She got past the level of teacher when they grew closer as a family, especially after their families disappeared.

⊱ ──────ஓ๑ ⌘ ๑ஓ ────── ⊰