Dia De Los Muertos

*ok I have heard this enough so to clear up for those of you who haven't seen the movie or simply just don't understand a very simple point, NO MIGUEL IS NOT RELATED TO ERNESTO!!! SHE IS!!! SHE IS AWARE THAT THEY ARE IN NO WAY RELATED. that being said. If the incest jokes continue I will delete the book. I'm sick of them. They were funny at first. They aren't anymore. They're obnoxious. To those of you who are confused I have explained in the comments thousands of times.*

Miguel explained dia de los Muertos to you simply as though you were a child. Though, he also explained that he didn't really think the dead came back all.

Suddenly everything made more sense. You came with him to his family's oferenda. He told the stories of his ancestors. Suddenly his family came in.

"You'll start work in the shoe shop. And work after school. And we can even hire your friend if you want." They said pulling you over.

"What do you say coco?" Miguel's father asked encouragingly.

"I-i I don't know I'll have to ask my uncle." You informed them nervously. Miguel seemed heartbroken at the idea. But you weren't sure what to do about it. You had to go home after the 'grand' news as it was already 8:00. So you rushed home but found you were locked out. Your uncle was out drinking with his friends.

You sighed and went to the plaza and saw the memorial for De La Cruz. With a small smile you started to look around perhaps you'd find a clue.

Minutes past and none of the information told you anything about your family just De la cruz. Which was slowly becoming infuriating. Just as you were losing your partience you heard someone calling your name.

"Coco! Coco!" Someone yelled loudly. Whirling around you saw Miguel running at you at full speed. "Do you have a guitar?" He spoke quickly, and panickedly.

"N-no Miguel where's yours ha-have you been crying?!" You asked suddenly. But Miguel didn't answer he crawled into the window well of de la cruz's memorial. "What are-" you were about to ask but Miguel's gaze was transfixed on a rising firework.

"Im sorry." He whispered before slamming against the window as the firework went off muffling the noise of the lock breaking under his weight.

You gasped as he fell through the window. But scrambled up the window to ensure he hadn't hurt himself.

"Miguel what are you doing?!" You asked as he walked to the guitar in the front of the room.

"You don't understand, he was my great great grandfather too." Miguel said walking faster. You jumped from the window and landed on the floor gracefully without a sound.

"Are you sure?" You asked unsure.

"Yes!" Miguel said surely.

"So we are related?" You questioned  blinking in confusion.

"Uh ye-yeah. So I guess you could join the show business after all." He muttered unenthusiastically.

You shook your head as Miguel started to walked away.

"Not likely. And how do you know?" You asked grabbing his shoulder before he could walk any farther. Miguel pushed a paper into your stomach before walking on. At that point Dante passed you and you barely realized it.

You opened the picture and saw the man wearing a suit and holding a guitar that were identical to De La Cruz's. You frowned in confusion the woman next to him was not your mama.

"Miguel i-" you spoke but we're cut off with your own gasp as miguel jumped down from the tomb with the guitar in his hands.

"Im going to be a musician like you." He said nervously as though the picture would reply to him.