Chapter 18: Doubt

Start from the beginning

You cut yourself off, suddenly feeling a little flustered at the mention of the sorcerers name. Your gaze instinctively moved up to look at his figure, and your breath caught in your throat when you noticed that he was already looking at you.

Yoongi raised an eyebrow at the sudden silence, his eyes following your gaze and watching as you and the sorcerer stared at each other. Hidden secrets were flowing between the two of you.

"N-Namjoon's is Joonie." You stated quietly, moving your gaze back to the cursed prince.

"I don't know what I want yours to be though. Maybe Yoongs? YoYo?"

Yoongi's nose scrunched in disgust.

"YoYo? That's a hideous name."

You frowned.

"I'm trying here." You stated.

You bright your finger up to rest on your chin in a thinking manner, your blue eyes lighting up when a lightbulb finally went off.

"I know!" You said excitedly. "I'll call you Suga!"

Yoongi frowned at your words.

"Sugar?"

Your smile fell immediately.

"No, Suga. No 'R'"

The ravenette sighed.

"That's not even a word."

You nodded.

"It is now. And it's your new nickname."

Yoongi continued to frown at your happy form.

"Why Suga?"

You smiled.

"Because you're pale,-"

"Thanks." Yoongi stayed sarcastically.

"And you're sweet."

Everyone's eyes grew wide at your words and silence fell among the group of men.

You, however were far to engrossed in your thoughtful nickname that you didn't notice, the uncomfort.

This was the happiest you've been since starting this journey.  You and Yoongi had finally bonded, you weren't thinking about your mother, or about the fact that you were leaving, you were just here. Living in the moment.

You were happy.

But Yoongi wasn't.

He almost broke down and told you everything. He almost allowed tears to fall at your words. Your kind words that had such and effect in his heart.

In his time of worrying about you leaving and in the happiness of talking about "nicknames" he had almost forgotten that today was going to be the worst day of his life.

He felt sick.

He wasn't sweet, he was evil. He was a monster. He didn't deserve your kindness or affection and he was a fool to think otherwise. He should've just allowed you to hate him. He shouldn't have been kind.

He shouldn't have fallen for you.

The prince swallowed hard, moving his tangerine eyes away from you and up towards Jimin.

"Maybe we should just pass by Pamelia and go straight to the forest." He stated.

You cocked your head to the side at Yoongi's change of demeanor and suddenly pale face.

Did he want you to leave that badly?

Jimin shook his head fervently.

"We don't have anymore supplies, we'd starve to death before we made it to the Dark Forest. This stop is necessary." He stated.