XII: Unspoken

i procrastinated so hard the past few days because i have been absolutely OBSESSED with 'queer eye' looool i watched both seasons (+ yass episode) and like every youtube video that exists of them looool so sorry about the delay but i hope you enjoy the chapter :))

======================

XII: Unspoken

Harry and I stepped into the café, the warm air immediately warming me up. I scanned the tables to look for William and found him sitting in the back with his husband beside him. I was about to tell Harry, but by the time I opened my mouth, he was already walking towards them, leaving me behind. I silently followed Harry really feeling the awkwardness between us.

We haven't had a proper conversation since the one we had last night. We only exchanged a few words this morning when I notified Harry through his door that we had to leave soon for brunch and he replied back with an 'okay'. Our ten minute car ride to the café was silent. I really wanted to speak up and apologize to him, but I didn't have the courage.

"Hey, good morning!" William said with a smile on his face as he stood up to greet us. He opened his arms for a hug.

"Good morning," Harry said softly and hugged him first since he was in front of me.

"Morning, William," I said with a smile when it was my turn.

"Charlie, Harry, this is my amazing husband Aaron. Aaron, this is Charlie and Harry." Aaron had a warm olive skin tone, dark hair, and hazel coloured eyes. He looked like he was in his 30s, around the same age as William. Aaron smiled at William before smiling at me and Harry. I returned the smile. They looked really good together.

"Nice to meet you," I said and gave Aaron a hug.

"Nice to meet you too, Charlie."

Harry said the same thing to Aaron and they hugged as well before all four of us sat down at the table. I sat across William and Harry sat beside me. We took off our jackets and hung them along the back of our chairs.

"Have you guys ordered already?" I asked.

"No, we haven't," William spoke up. "Should we order now?"

"Yeah, I'm starving. I haven't eaten anything so far today."

All of us stood up again and walked over to the counter. They had their menu written out on the top of the wall. All their food looked so appetizing to me that I had a hard time deciding what to order.

"I'll pay for the meal," Harry quickly offered.

"Oh, you really don't have to. I don't mind paying," William immediately replied.

"No, please, I'll pay," Harry really insisted with a small smile.

"Thanks, Harry." William gave him a small pat on the shoulder.

They all walked towards the register to start ordering their food. I glanced back up at the menu to try to narrow down my options. William went for their classic breakfast option along with a coffee. Aaron ordered a chicken souvlaki sandwich from their lunch menu and a fruit smoothie. Harry glanced at me and I shook my head to notify him that I still needed some time. So Harry told his order next, which was a ginger-miso spinach salad with chicken and a matcha latte. When he finished, his head turned to look at me once more.

"Uhh," I said as I walked up to the register.

Breakfast burrito or grilled halloumi gyro?

"Any day now," I heard Harry say with a chuckle, repeating the same line I said to him last night.

"Could I get the... breakfast burrito and a London fog please?" I quickly sputtered out.