Book 2. Chapter T W E N T Y T H R E E

Start from the beginning

"Sera's pregnant."

"And?"

"She got raped. She's carrying the child of a rapist."

My breath got stuck in my throat. Now I was the one that was speechless. I would never wish rape or dead on my enemy or someone who did me wrong. It's horrible and disgusting.

Flynn continued, "She came to ask for my forgiveness so that she and her unborn child can live in peace. She told me that after the rape incident, she realized that money is a dangerous thing. The guy who raped her was a rich man. Her whole case got dismissed, because of money. She didn't get justice and the man who raped her is walking around freely."

"You're not serious." I said shockingly.

"I am. This is not something new. Rich people always tend to get away with illegal things. I can do it too, but I prefer not. Anyways, she's moving to Georgia to live with her sister. She came by to ask me for forgiveness and told me that she got what she deserved for tearing us apart."

I shook my head. "Rape is a fucked up thing. I would never wish that upon her, or anyone."

"I told her that. But, yeah well, she said that it was karma's way of dealing with her. She doesn't want our pity."

I let out a deep sigh. "I really feel bad for her. Is that weird?"

Flynn gave me a small smile. "Not at all. You're the most sweetest and caring person I've ever known."

"Aw, thanks Vasilios."

"Now, let's eat. The food is getting cold.... I just uhm...felt the need to tell you so that there's no miscommunication. This time I want to do everything right."

I smiled warmly at him. "As I already said Vasilios. Communication is the key."

........

After dinner Flynn suddenly decided that it is a perfect night to go stargazing. I didn't had a problem with it. I don't care if we were at home or out, I just wanted to spend some quality time with him.

When we arrived at the stargazing spot, a man was already waiting there for us. I guess Flynn had called him earlier.

"Hello," He greeted. "My name is Jason Kendall. You must be Mr. Vasilios."

Flynn nodded his head. "Good evening Mr. Kendall. I brought my woman to watch some stars tonight."

Mr. Kendall gave me a small nod and look back at Flynn. "Amazing. I have two telescopes for each of you and you can find a spot to watch the stars." He handed Flynn and I each a telescope. "Be careful with it."

"Thank you." Flynn said. He grabbed my hand and we walked around the park to find a spot. We decided to sit under a blossom tree.

"If we sit under a tree, we cannot see the stars." I said, sitting down next to Flynn.

"Yes you can. Look, if you hold it like this---," Flynn held my telescope and showed me what he meant. "Then you can see everything perfectly."

I followed his example and I was amazed that he was right. I could see everything clearly. I have never actually realize how beautiful the night sky is. Seeing it from a telescope is a whole new experience.

"Is it beautiful?"

I nodded my head and put my telescope down. "It is."

"Look at me, pudding."

His voice held so much authority as he said that.

I hesitantly looked up at him. The swirls of emotion I saw there made me gasp.