Chapter Twenty-One (BONUS - First Date)

Ah, a first date. The first step to a healthy and long-lasting relationship. Who knew it could be so nerve-wrecking? Especially when your date is a rich, probably world-famous model. Oh, and don't forget the fan girls. The hundreds of fan girls. 

In summary, Marinette was either going to embarrass herself to the point of leaving or get mauled by Adrien's fan girls. Marinette looked at herself in the mirror, she had decided to put on a strapless baby pink dress accompanied with a sleeveless white denim jacket.

Putting her worries aside, the girl started to put her hair in a half-up, half-down hairstyle. Once she was done, she decided to put on a little blush and lip gloss. This is a date Mari, she thought to herself. No reason to treat it like a birthday party gig. 

Now in her bedroom, Marinette grabbed her baby blue purse and put on some baby pink flats. I can't wear heels for my life, the girl thought. Marinette walked down to the bakery part of her home. "Bye mama! Bye papa!" She waved, as she exited the shop. Her parents both smiled to each other, upon seeing their little girl going on her first date. 

A limo was waiting outside the bakery and, with a deep breath, Marinette entered the vehicle. "Hi.." she awkwardly waved her hand. "Mari! You look amazing!" The said girl gave a small smile and blushed in appreciation. "You clean up nicely too, Agreste." she smirked a bit. 

The two lovers continued chatting until the limo came to an abrupt stop. "We are here," the driver looked at the back. The "Gorilla" opened the door for the couple, as the car sped off. Adrien grabbed Marinette's hand and lead her to a green valley. Marinette then noticed golf clubs and a fantasy looking path. "Ta da!" Adrien did jazz hands,"I rented out the entire mini golf course!" 

Marinette stood there for a while, flabbergasted. Until, "Oh I am so going to beat you!" and she ran to grab a pink club. Adrien scoffed and caught up to her, "Uh huh. You wish!" He grabbed a green club. “How about the winner gets to come up with a punishment for the loser, huh?” The blonde questioned the blunette. Marinette scoffed, “Alright I’ll have all this time to think!” “Oh yeah!?” Adrien challenged, “Deal!” the teens both shouted shaking hands.

They both approached the first hole, “Ready to lose, Agreste?” Marinette smirked. Adrien on the other hand, shrugged. The first hole was simple, just a straight hit, no boundaries or anything. Hitting the golf ball slowly, Marinette got a hole in one. She smiled in achievement.

Adrien smirked then putted his golf ball and successfully got a hole in one. So far, it was a tie. But oh, this was only the beginning. As they continued on, Adrien started to lose his skill and therefore started losing to Mari.  The boy was about to admit defeat to his princess and stop trying, until an idea struck his head. Marinette was concentrating on how to angle/hit the golf ball in a hole in one, the course required to ball to be hit under a wind mill then would drop into the hole, if she angled it right.

Sticking her tongue out and narrowing her eyes, Marinette was about to hit it when, “Hey Mari, do y’know that you look really cute when you’re concentrating? You even put your tongue out, hehe.” Marinette, caught off guard, squeaked and slammed her club into the ball. The ball made a soft ‘clink’ against the windmill’s blades and was pushed back towards Marinette. Adrien wore a big smirk on his face, as Marinette realized what he did. “Hey! That was cheating!”

“All’s fair in love and mini-golf,” he replied, winking at her. Marinette tried to think of something to distract the male, but she couldn’t think of anything that she could say confidently. Which is how Adrien got two points and Marinette got seven. Throughout the entire game, Adrien continued to mess with her and screwed up her shots. By the time they were at the last course, Marinette was losing by four points. But she wasn’t ready to lose that easily.

As they walked over to the next course Marinette tuned Adrien out, I can do this! She yelled in her mind. Upon analyzing the course, she would have to hit her ball where it had enough power to go over the hill, reach the back wall, and bounce from it into the hole.

Taking a deep breath, the girl was about to hit the ball when… “Hey Marinette?” “Hm?” She relaxed on her club, “no no, you don’t need to wait for me to finish.” Groaning, the blunette deadpanned when she saw Adrien laughing a little. About to hit her golf ball, “I’ve been through enough photoshoots to know that,” she steadied her club, “even though I’m not a photographer.” Adrien paused and Marinette took her chance. “I can picture us together.” The poor girl clammed up and only hit her golf ball a tad.

Turning to Adrien, one would think she was about ready to murder him but Marinette simply smiled innocently, “Your turn.” Seeing his girlfriend act so calm, Adrien started to mentally freak out. Oh no, what have I done? I have done something that will get me killed and- “Adrien,” Marinette murmured, “go ahead.” Adrien nervously smiled, “Hey Adri, I’ve never liked my last name.” “Oh?” Adrien questioned, continuing to steady himself. She’s too cute to be smooth like moi. He was about to hit it, “Could I have yours?” The blonde melted into a puddle on the golf course floor.

“A-adrien? Adrien!” Marinette ran over to him, “I’m sorry! Are you okay!?” The boy didn’t respond, “uh help! Please someone my boyfrie-“ Marinette was abruptly pecked on the lips and her boyfriend smugly looked at her. Marinette groaned again, while she was panicking Adrien had gone ahead and hit the ball until she realized. “A-adrien,” she smiled intensely. “Yeah?” He asked her, confused. “That was my golf ball. You hit my golf ball in one. That’s a point for me.” Adrien turned pale, since he knew he couldn’t get a hole in one twice in a row.

“Mari!” Adrien begged, “nope! You said it yourself! All’s fair in love and mini-golf!” She crossed her arms together. Adrien sadly walked over to his club, hit the ball and… didn’t make it. The boy sighed and it took him five tries to get the ball in the hole. “Well congrats, Mari.” He said sorrowfully. “Oh, shush you big baby,” Marinette giggled. “I was already going to win anyway.” Adrien grabbed her knuckles and kissed them, “sorry for flustering you.” Marinette playfully rolled her eyes as she put her club and ball back, “its fine you were desperate.”

Adrien wanted to say something as a comeback, but kept quiet; he was in fact desperate to win. “You’re right, eh. I suck at this. Maybe we could have a fencing date, soon?” He pecked Marinette’s cheek as they both got into the limo. Marinette hummed a maybe, then she perked up, “hey adri,” “yes,” adrien answered cuddling her.” “you owe me a dare.” Adrien face palmed as the girl next to him giggled. “Alright, what is it Mari? Dress up as a chicken? Prank my photographer?” “Nope, “ Marinette said ‘popping the p’, “Help me with my birthday party gig. Miss Ladybug needs a partner for fighting evil.”

“Ooh! What about Chat Noir!? I could dress up as a cat and have the power of destruction!” “Haha, maybe! You could even help me design it!”

Bonus:
“Huh, win a free slurpee?” Marinette mumbled. Putting her club to the ball, she was about to hit it when.. “So were you serious when you said you wanted my last name?” The girl hit the ball so hard it reached the slurpee goal. Reaching the limo, Marinette mouthed a ‘thank you’ at a grumpy Adrien who hadn’t been as lucky when it came to reaching the free slurpee prize.