Chapter Sixteen

Marinette POV

It was a week after the whole tornado happened. I was starting to go back to school again, but I still couldn't believe why Adrien was outside. I didn't get struck by lightning or spent 10 minutes in that rain and wind, so I was in a better condition than Adrien. Once I get to the desk, I ask the lady for a 'Visitor's Pass' to visit Adrien Agreste. She looks at me and glares, "So sorry," she smirks, "no fangirls allowed."

"Oh, right." I murmur, taking my phone out of my pocket. I enter my code in 'XXXXXX' 'totally not Adrien's birthday..... Man, I need to change this...' I think to myself. Finally pulling up my Gallery app, I tap on a single picture. I show the girl my phone, and I hear a small 'gasp' in shock. Biting her lip, she glares at me as I put the 'Visitor's Pass' necklace around my neck. "Room 231," she says gritting her teeth. I say thank you, and go to the elevator.

Once I click the button for floor two, I collapse onto the wall for support. 'She believed it, so it isn't fake' I pull up the screenshot back on my phone and glance at once again. It's an email to me, from GabrielFashion@tmail.com. The email reads,

I was still confused on how he was able to know that it was me who saved Adrien

I was still confused on how he was able to know that it was me who saved Adrien. Then again, he probably has a ton of bodyguards around… I shift awkwardly, and the elevator beeps. Alerting me that I have arrived on the second floor. I grip my pink, cherry blossom jacket. ‘It’s okay, Mari’. I walk out of the elevator, and put my phone away. ‘210… 220… 230… 231!’ Knocking on the door, I sweat a little. The door opens, and its a middle-aged woman with long blonde hair and green eyes. She has a blue dress on, and her face is wet from tears.

“Ummmm, is this a bad time?” I question. The woman shakes her head, and mumbles a ‘sorry’. She guides me into the hospital room, making sure to close the door behind me. “So….. Are you a doctor?” She shakes her head from side to side. “Oh… I don’t mean to be rude then, but what are you doing here?” “I-I’m his mother…” I instantly realize the similarities between them, and gasp. “    Oh my gosh! I’m so sorry! I-I didn’t realize! Um…” I rub the back of my neck. The woman gives me a small smile, “It’s fine. Let’s just say that Adrien and I haven’t seen each other for a while, so I would like to be there for him right now,”

I nod,”Does Mr. Agreste know that you’re here?” The woman’s eyes widen, “No, and I would rather not you tell him that I am.” I’m suspicious, but I let it slide, considering that this was the Adrien Agreste’s mother. I see Adrien on a bed, he has a device connect to him, and a heart monitor. “Beep… Beep… Beep,” the machine repeats, signaling that Adrien is fine. I gasp a little. Adrien’s mother looks at me.

“I-is he okay?” Adrien’s mother nods her head, “Yes, but the doctors have told me that he’s in a coma.” Once again, I gasp… ‘My soulmate’s in a coma!? (COUGH I’LL LEAVE THAT REFERENCE HERE COUGH) nO BAD MARI! Adrien isn’t your soulmate!’ I shake my head, as Adrien’s mother’s eyebrows are raised in confusion. I meekly grab a piece of my hair and curl it around my fingers, and shrug. I start typing up a tmail to Mr. Agreste.

I stop abruptly when I hear Adrien mumble something. "P-plagg... Ladybug..." I raise my eyebrow, and Adrien's mother is just as confused as I am. "W-well, I better get going... " I point a finger to the door. She nods, and I leave the room.

~

"So that's Marinette, huh? She seems nice..."

~

I open my eyes. There's a tornado going on, and a girl with pigtails in a ladybug-like suit holding me, "Hello?" I mumble, the girl doesn't hear me and continues running towards somewhere. I try to move but realize I can't. I give in quickly though. 'It is nice to be able to finally relax for once... E-' Suddenly a flash of lightning strikes, and I mentally flinch. Pigtails doesn't budge though, and then she opens a door I hear her get inside. The unknown girl yells, "A-Adrien! Are you okay!?" I try to open my eyes, but they close quickly. I hear her sigh then a bunch of teachers surround me. The last thing I hear is "Marinette!? What are you doing here?". 'Marinette', I feel myself being lifted up onto something, 'please wait for me'

I open my eyes, and a mirror is in front of me. I realize that based on how I look, I'm 14 again. "W-what?" I have a black jumpsuit on, followed by a black mask and cat ears. I try to take off the mask, but alas it doesn't work. "Hey, Chat Noir! Are you ready yet?" I blink my eyes, a girl who's in a red and black costume lands next to me. "L-ladybug..?" I say, she looks at me. "Chat, are you okay? Don't you remember our date tonight?" She smiles a little and puts her hand on my cheek.

I back away from her, taking her hand away from my face. "Umm, no. I don't we... We don't have a date. I-I'm not whoever this is," I signal my attire. The pigtailed girl in red gives me a confused glance. I sigh, "I-I'm sorry, but I have no idea on what is happening. I'm in love with Marinette Dupain-Cheng." The masked-girl's face goes as red as her suit, and she coughs uncomfortably. "O-oh." We continue to stand there awkwardly, until I speak up,"T-thanks for saving me during the tornado." She raises her eyebrow, "I have no idea what you're thanking me for, but you've been a bit... off this entire night, so I'll take it. Anyways, I should... go."

Ladybug leaves, but then I hear something. "Wake up Adrien..." Mari!?

~

Marinette -

I bang my head on the desk once more, "Alya...." "Yeah, Mari?" she laughs. "Hey, it isn't my fault that I don't know what to say," Alya giggles once more then hands me a mug a hot chocolate, "oh, thank miraculous." I mumble. Alya raises her eyebrow at my vocabulary and I shrug, "I'm tired." "Yeah yeah, anyways Marinette, you need to finish your email!" We hear a meow at the tone of her voice. "Sorry Plagg," Plagg is the cat that Alya found which 'Adrien' was going to give to me. Alya and I have been taking care of him ever since that night. He's a black cat, which is known for bad luck, but the only bad luck he's given me so far is somehow finding smelly, camembert cheese and eating it in our dorm. I don't even know where he gets it! That aside, everything has been okay so far. School is boring, as usual, but I haven't been able to finish my tmail to Mr. Agreste. I look at my laptop screen:

Dear Mr. Agreste,

Adrien-

I cross out Adrien and change it.

Dear Mr. Agreste,

Your son, Adrien, is doing fine in the hospital. He seemed well and doesn't have any signs of pain.

I pause, wondering if I should mention the woman or not.

The doctors are working very hard, and I made sure that he was getting the proper treatment.

"Alya, does this look okay?" She heads over to look at my screen, "you should add more, as a blog writer I've learned writing more than three sentences gets a lot of reads." She goes back to the TV, and I groan. 'What else should I write?'

-

After about three hours, the time is 10:31 and I'm finally done. Clicking 'send' I go to bed satisfied.

Dear Mr. Agreste,

Your son, Adrien, is doing fine in the hospital. He seemed very well and doesn't have any signs of pain. The doctors are working very hard, and I made sure that he was getting the proper treatment. Adrien has been a good friend to me all this time, so I'm glad I could see him doing well. Although, I would give your son some more attention. He talks about you all the time, and I could see how proud he is because of you, but he wishes you gave him more attention. Anyways, have a miraculous day!

Sincerely,

Adrien's fellow peer,

Marinette Dupain-Cheng

Edited on 7.5.18 @ 1:58 PM