i. ten

ᴛᴇɴ — ʙᴀᴛᴛʟᴇ ᴏғ ᴛʜᴇ ʙʀᴏᴛʜᴇʀs

♛ ♛ ♛

"KILLMONGER HAS THE full support of our military, and has burned the garden of the Heart-Shaped Herbs." Nakia said the next morning.

"Well, of course he did. That's what he was trained to do." Everett commented. His unit used to work with the CIA to destabilize foreign countries. They would always strike at transitions of power, like an election year or death of a monarch." he gestured to T'Challa, who sat with a blanket wrapped around his shoulders and head. "You get control of the government, military..."

"Our resources." T'Challa finished, staring at blank space.

Ross nodded. "Right."

"The Great Mound."

"Our Vibranium. All of mine, and Iyawa's deigns!" Shuri added.

"He will send our weapons all over the world." he stood, lifting a finger. "We must get them out of Wakanda safely."

"What? What about you?" Aretta asked with concern, stepping closer to him. He looked at her. "The challenge will have to continue."

Ramonda stood, taking long strides towards her son. "T'Challa. We will not leave Wakanda."

"It's my duty to keep you safe." T'Challa replied. Shuri stood. "If he gets control of our technology, nowhere would be safe."

She lifted her arm from under her blanket, revealing the Black Panther necklace. T'Challa smirked. She walked up to him, pulling back his blanket to fit the necklace onto his neck. Pulling the blanket back on his shoulder, Shuri smiled at him. "The Black Panther lives. And when he fights for the fate of Wakanda, I will be there right beside him."

"As will I." Aretta said, lacing her fingers with his. Nakia smiled, standing closer "And I."

"I'm in too." Everett said, making everyone look at him with a slight frown. He crossed his arms, a smug look on his aged face. "You're gonna need all the help you can get."

Everyone smiled before M'Baku let out a loud, uncalled-for yawn. "Are you done? A-A-A-Are you, are you done?" M'Baku stammered, lifting his arms towards the ex-King.

"Could you give me and Lord M'Baku a moment?" T'Challa airily asked before everyone filed out the room.

♛ ♛ ♛

"GO, GO, GO, go!" Shuri ushered. "C'mon Ross!"

They all ran into Shuri's lab. A small surface with black sand wiped away to reveal Dora Milaje armour along with different weapon accessories. Shuri held up a tracker. "Shuri, Aretta and I will get control of the Royal Talon with this."

"What will I do?" Everett asked. Shuri picked up a Kamoyo bead bracelet, slipping it on his wrist. "You'll have to fly it."

"What?"

"You were a great pilot." Shuri said, sticking a comm behind his ear. "Don't worry. I'll guide you through it. It's just like riding a hover bike."

She lifted her hand, raising another platform. Everett stared after her. "You guys have hover bikes?"

On the other platform were two Dora suits stacked and folded nicely. "You two, put them on."

Aretta didn't hesitate, grabbing it before running off. Nakia shook her head. "I'm not a Dora."

"Just put it on, it's armour!" Shuri said, rushing off. "Good luck agent Ross!"

"Yeah, I don't know what I'm—"

"We're counting on you!" Nakia called out, disappearing around the corner. Everett swallowed dryly before looking around.

Aretta popped her head out from the corner, the red amour already on. She smiled at him. "Fly us to victory!"

♛ ♛ ♛

THE DOORS OPENED to the outside world. There, in the threshold, stood Shuri, Nakia, and Aretta, donned in armour.

Shuri raised her weapons, blasting away two Border Tribe men. "Go, go!" Nakia ushered, waving them forward. As they all ducked behind a crate, Shuri threw up her arm, throwing a tracking disk on a jet that was near. "I made it American style, get in." Shuri said, talking to Ross over the comm.

As the jet took off, the three girls cheered with large smiles.

"Go!" Shuri called, staring after the jet. "We can't let those weapons get out of Wakanda!"

"Alright, I'm on it." Ross replied in a low tone.

Nakia looked towards Erik, watching as he used his suit's stored energy to blast off three Dora warriors that trapped him. Aretta turned her head to the noise, a deep frown pulling at her lips.

Nakia tossed a ring into the air before catching it. She glanced at Aretta who nodded back. When they both looked towards Erik, they shouted in unison, "Wakanda Forever!"

Nakia was first to hurl a ring at Erik, who dove over it skillfully. Aretta ran up to him, staff clenched in hand. She cried out, swinging the staff at him over and over, but Erik managed to dodge it.

Aretta planted the Vibranium staff into the ground, jumping and slinging herself around to kick Erik in the gut. Erik stumbled back, growling at her before throwing his sword, cutting her arm.

Aretta cried in pain, bowing to one knee.

Erik looked up at Shuri, who was ready with her blasters. As Erik took a step towards her, she blasted him away.

"Shuri, I got 'em. What do I do?" Ross said over the three's comms.

"Shoot them down, genius!" Shuri barked back, continuing to fire at Erik. With Erik distracted enough, Nakia and Aretta attacked him from behind.

Erik turned on his heel, slicing the air with his sword. Nakia and Aretta ducked from it, standing quickly. Aretta stepped forward, wrapping her arm around the sword's hilt and tucking it into her armpit. Jerking back sharply, the weapon was forced from Erik's hand.

Yelling out again, Aretta jumped away from Erik, swinging her staff to strike him in the face. Erik stumbled back, taken off guard as Nakia bounced her rings off his torso.

When Shuri fired at Erik again, he turned. Nakia quickly grabbed his other sword, completely disarming him. She lifted both arms, but Erik grabbed her wrists. Tugging her wrists away, Nakia swiped her rings at him again. Erik ducked, cutting her in the thigh. Nakia cried out and Erik hurled her away.

"Nakia!" Aretta called out, turning away from Erik. Erik jumped up, flipping in the air to kick Aretta away in Nakia's direction.

Shuri fired at Erik, using her repulsers to force him to his knees. Erik growled, covering his ears from the noise. Seeing his spearhead near him, he grabbed it, smacking it against her blasters to damage them.

Erik grabbed one of her repulsers, crushing it as Shuri attempted to fire the other. Erik threw her to the ground. Taking off his mask, he smirked down at her. "Hey, Princess."

Shuri smirked back, backing up the the edge of the underground cave. "You'll never be a true King."

Erik frowned at her, striking forward with his spear but get tackled into the hole by T'Challa.

Shuri turned, watching as they fell. "Brother!"

♛ ♛ ♛

sorry for not updating in forever! my summer has been really busy with work. does anyone actually read this story anymore? i feel like people have lost interest (which i totally understand btw) anyways...how is everyone's summer going? any big plans for anyone?