i. one

ᴏɴᴇ — ᴛʜᴇ ʀᴇᴛᴜʀɴ

♛ ♛ ♛

"DON'T FREEZE, WHEN you see her." Okoye told T'Challa, handing him his Kimoyo Beads. T'Challa couldn't fight back a smirk as the image of the girl flashed in his head. The way her plump, full lips pulled back to flash her perfectly white teeth every time she smiled. Or the way she had a heart of gold, and never hesitated to help those in need.

T'Challa blinked away the thoughts, still looking at Okoye. "What are you talking about?" Okoye gave him a knowing look, which he chose to ignore. "I never freeze."

Putting his helmet on and allowing it to click into place, he crossed his arms over his chest as the circular platform in the jet dropped from his feet, allowing him to fall through. The wind howled loudly in his ears as he glanced towards the lines of trucks in the Nigerian forest. He threw out his arm, letting the beads go. The beads floated down towards the vehicles, perfectly landing on the hoods of the cars and piloting them off course.

The trucks smashed into nearby trees, each of the windshields cracking loudly.

"What's going on?" One of the henchman called out, exiting the vehicle. They all surrounded the captain of the team, watching as he tried to lift the small disk on the hood of the car. When the same man asked what was going on, the captain jumped from the car, looking around into the dark forest, only hearing the insects and the heavy breathing of his members.

"Defence position!" Another man called out, before they all surrounded the cars, lifting their guns. The last truck, which contained multiple women, along with Nakia and Aretta. They all wore scarves to cover their hair. The man who was in charge of the truck lifted up the flap and glares at everyone. "No games." The man cocked his gun, walking away.

Nakia and Aretta shared a look, before standing up and silently exiting the vehicle. Nakia held out an arm to Aretta, peaking around the edge of it. She watched as suddenly a man flew from the thicket, slamming into the side of a car. The men all yelled out, pointing their guns to the foliage and pressing down on the trigger. A shower of bullets rained on the plants and trees.

Behind the man with a machine gun, jumped T'Challa in his Black Panther gear. He swiped his Vibranium claws at the man, taking him out. T'Challa jumped and twisted in the air, skillfully kicking another down. He continued to kick, scratch, and punch his way through each of the henchmen.

With all of them focused on the Prince, Nakia and Aretta engaged in action. Nakia grabbed a gun off the ground, winding it behind her head before slamming it into the head of a man. The man crumpled to the ground instantly. Aretta swiftly jumped over the man, reeling back her fist before grabbing the shoulder of a man to catch his attention. The man turned in slight confusion and was taken back by Aretta's fist slamming into his jaw. Aretta grabbed his gun, yanked it from his hands and hit him again in the jaw in one fluid motion.

Nakia glanced at T'Challa who flip-kicked a man down before turning to another who was firing at him. T'Challa clasped his hand over the mouth of the gun, lifting his hand to strike. Nakia grabbed the boy's gun and forced it down as Aretta gave a hard shove to T'Challa, making him stumble back. "This one's just a boy!" Aretta hissed with a thick African accent.

The two removed their scarves, revealing Nakia and Aretta in similar loose garments. Nakia ripped off the scarf of the boy's face, disclosing his youth and a frightened expression. "He got kidnapped as well."

"Aretta..." T'Challa breathed, staring at the woman in front of him who was glaring back at him. Nakia rolled her eyes before walking back to the truck with the women inside. Nakia and T'Challa had broken up long before the Accords. Nakia and T'Challa had talked it out, and were okay with one another finally dating others. "...hi."