.first day of school

MARGARET was awoken by the bright rays of sunshine greeting her room and embracing it,giving the room a warm feeling

MARGARET was awoken by the bright rays of sunshine greeting her room and embracing it,giving the room a warm feeling. She hugged the sheets closer to herself,her blonde hair falling over her face.

"Margaret! Get up!" Anne bursted trough the door,jumping on the bed out of habit ,and embracing her best friend.

"Come on Marge! We don't want to be late!" she urged her to get up,stripping the sheets off the bed and running down the stairs for breakfast.

As Margaret got up, she noticed the beautiful white dress that Marilla gave her. It was her old dress but it was certainly better than the ones she had. She quickly got up,making her bed and closing the door to get dressed. Combing her hair with a brush,she took a black ribbon and tied a loose ponytail,letting pieces of hair fall on her pale face.Finally putting on her black boots that Jerry gave her,she descended down the stairs.

"Good morning." Marilla and Anne were sitting at the table,eating.

"Good morning,dear." Marilla greeted her with an embrace. "How did you sleep last night?" she asked,pouring Margaret a cup of tea.

"Oh,it was great! The best sleep I ever had!"

"That's good to hear."

Hurriedly chewing on her toast, Anne drank the last bit of her tea and bolted towards the door.

"Come on Margaret! Goodbye Marilla!"
taking her books,she exited the house,Margaret catching up to her pretty quickly.

As they walked trough the forest,Anne couldn't help herself but stop and pluck a few flowers to put in her hat that Marilla made for her.

"There. Now it looks prettier,doesn't it?" she asked her blonde friend.

"You look beautiful,Anne." she kindly tucked a stray red hair behind Anne's ear ,and they continued their walk to school.

.
.
.

The schoolhouse was only one step away,and the two girls were anxious to what was about to come. Will the kids like them? Will they embarrass themselves?

"Hey, you two!" the girls turned around to see a very pretty girl,with dark hair and eyes. "You must be Anne and Margaret! I'm Diana Barry." as she approached them, they noticed a few other girls coming their way.

"Oh,these are my friends! This is Josie ,Ruby ,Tillie and Jane! Guys, these girls are Anne and Margaret!" the girls seemed polite at first sight,but Margaret couldn't help but think that there was something else behind those obviously fake smiles.

But,as she wanted Anne's first day of school to be great,she pushed that thought aside and politely greeted all of the girls separately.

When they came in, they were suddenly surrounded by boys who were introducing themselves.

"Hello there! I'm Moody!" one boy stuck his hand out for Margaret to shake.

Firmly gripping his hand and shaking it, she said,confused "Thank you for letting me know,I'll be considerate from now on."

The boy shook his head and laughed "No,my name is Moody."

Margaret let out a chuckle "Well,I'm Margaret."

"Hey, the name's Charlie." another boy with long brown hair gave her a hand wave and a smile.

"Oh don't talk to the boys,Margaret! They give you cooties!" she shooed Charlie away,taking Margaret's hand and motioning her to sit next to Josie.

"Excuse me Diana,but,may I sit next to Anne?" the blonde said,making the raven haired girl stop in her tracks, her eyes scanning the room for the cute redhead.

"There she is!" she noticed her sitting and talking to Ruby. The seat next to her was empty.

"Hey Anne." Margaret sat next to her friend,tuning in the conversation she had with Ruby. Soon Diana joined them.

"And you shall not under any circumstances talk to the boys! I'm telling you, they're disgusting!" Ruby fake gagged as the girls laughed.

"Well ,everyone except Gilbert Blythe. He's so dreamy,but he won't be here today." Diana had a frown on her face.

"Besides,Gilbert is off limits! Ruby called dibs on him three years ago! Isn't that right Ruby?" mocking her ,Diana slightly nudged her with her elbow,making the girl shy.

"Oh,you stop it Diana!" giggling, they started shoving each other playfully.

"Well I see everyone started off to a good morning." Mr Phillips entered the room with a girl coming in behind him.

"That's Prissy. You know,rumor has it that she and Mr Phillips fancy each other." Diana whispered over to Anne.

"Ugh,completely horrid! Aren't those terrible actions supposed to be illegal?" Anne whisper-yelled,the girls turning around,quite surprised by her use of words.

"Anne likes to read. She uses quite big words." Margaret chimed in with a smile,looking at her friend.

"Oh I like to read too!" A girl which Margaret recognized as Tillie said.

"No you don't?" Ruby had a questioning look on her face.

"No, I don't." the girl rudely replied and Margaret wanted to scold her,but Mr Phillips shouted at everyone to stop talking,so the girls had no choice but to keep quiet.

Margaret was listening to Mr Phillips and was taking notes on her chalkboard,when she felt a piece of chalk being thrown at her head. She turned around and saw a boy, that was supposedly Billy, smirk at her.

Frowning,she took the chalk and ,careful not to be seen by Mr Phillips, threw it at Billy with all the strenght she could muster, the chalk hitting him straight on the cheek.

Surprised,he turned around and was met with her angry gaze, only to notice her quietly mouthing 'stop it' ,then smiling and returning to her writing.

But what she didn't notice was the furious look on Billy's face. This wasn't going to end well...

.
.
.

"So,how did you like your first day of school,Anne?" Margaret asked her friend as they returned home.

"Oh ,it was very amazing! Though I think Josie Pye doesn't fancy me at all." the girl replied with a frown.

"Who cares about Josie? Other girls seem to take quite an interest in you. Like Diana." Margaret tried to cheer her friend up,picking up a few daisies and putting them onto her hat.

"There. Now let's hurry up, I'm hungry!"

.
.
.

The night came very quick, both girls sitting in the barn with Jerry, petting the horses and talking about their day.

"Jerry, could I possibly ever in the time I spend here, ride on one of these horses?" Anne questioned, rolling around in the hay.

"Of course,why couldn't you?" Jerry replied,yawning while laying down on a bundle of hay.

"I don't think I'll make it to my bed. I'm so tired." Margaret said ,turning her head to the side and feeling the hay poke at her skin. "Might as well just sleep here."

"Goodnight Anne. Jerry."

"Goodnight."

"Goodnight,Margaret."